Hi, newbie intro

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Hi, newbie intro

Post by jonsykes »

Hi, Jon from Barnsley here. Recent Pike convert. Had dealings with Carlperkins recently via ebay, though not successful thanks to royal mail!!
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Re: Hi, newbie intro

Post by Jason Skilton »

Not lighty, no likely....just look at all this gorious gals.......welcome to the Love Pit Jon
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Ho Jon :wave:
Ash m
Zander
Zander

Post by Ash m »

You wana watch that Carl Perkins he's a wrong un :laughs:

Best of luck with the piking cos its s***e locally, and welcome to the pit :thumbs:
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Cheers, had a couple early morning lure sessions on canal at Tinsley but only 1 jack to show for it - lovely spot though. Admin won't allow me to PM anybody yet as new member but if you see this post Carl I got a full refund from Royal Mail - I was so shocked I had to re-invest it before they asked for it back. I used the cash on a Shimano Cardiff 401a, not used it yet but It looks good to me - anyone else used one? And did you find another reel Carl?
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

I caught the smallest Jack i've ever seen yesterday on an ABU Hi-Lo, poor bugger - the treble was nearly thro its eye! Anyway it seemed ok when it swam off - and justice was done cos I went and lost the lure!! Can someone send Carl a PM and ask him to message me so I can have a chat, still not allowed to PM anyone apparently.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

jonsykes wrote:
I caught the smallest Jack i've ever seen yesterday on an ABU Hi-Lo, poor bugger - the treble was nearly thro its eye! Anyway it seemed ok when it swam off - and justice was done cos I went and lost the lure!! Can someone send Carl a PM and ask him to message me so I can have a chat, still not allowed to PM anyone apparently.
should be working now :thumbs:
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Caught my first double this morning (in that bloody awful weather - but I had to go piking as an all too rare opportunity knocked), 13lbs and a terrific scrap too - thought it was going to be nearer 20 but that's just my inexperience I suppose or do they all fight really hard? It certainly didnt want netting, turned on the surface and dove deep a few times. Getting seriously addicted to this piking mularkey now, which is good cos it'll take the edge off the other addiction which is buying tackle and lures from a well known internet auction site! At least I got to try out some of the stuff I've collected, mightily impressed with my heavy lure rod n reel combo - Fox Dave Kelbrick Sleuth rod and Shimano Cardiff 401a baitcaster. The Abu Blue max reel worked well too but not liking the Wychwood agitator jerk rod.
Tiercel
Chub
Chub

Post by Tiercel »

Well done on ya first double Jon, and while I'm at it, welcome to 'The Pit' :thumbs:
Dale
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by jonsykes »

Cheers. Still buzzin, can't wait for the next session now. :grin: