Brian Ingram Talk

Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain
Old School Piker
Roach
Roach

Brian Ingram Talk

Post by Old School Piker »

IMG_0919.jpeg
PAC (NI) Region are pleased to announce a talk and presentation by Brian Ingram on the 4th of November, in Lisburn.
Brian has a remarkable tally of big Pike to his credit and we are really looking forward to this one. Details on poster. This will be a ticket event, and all details can be found here:-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Brian Ingram Talk

Post by Dave Horton »

Old School Piker wrote: Wed Jun 28 2023 23:55 -
IMG_0919.jpegPAC (NI) Region are pleased to announce a talk and presentation by Brian Ingram on the 4th of November, in Lisburn.
Brian has a remarkable tally of big Pike to his credit and we are really looking forward to this one. Details on poster. This will be a ticket event, and all details can be found here:-
Hey Melv, as you well know I just might be "KING Bri's" BIGGEST fan? That said I've never actually seen one of his presentations!

I may well come along for another catch up with you boys again?

(Particularly after the fantastic fishing we shared last time face)
Old School Piker
Roach
Roach

Hi Dave, you would be more than welcome. I have spoken to Brian a few times, and things are falling into place nicely. Just like your presentation, we are really looking forward to Brian’s. Not be long coming round, it’s July already.👍
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

4 x 40lb Pike! Jeepers! Has Brian ever written much about his exploits?
Paul Ikin
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

pikin wrote: Sun Jul 02 2023 16:36 -
Certainly NOT enough! I gather though there's a book in steady progress?

(The working title is a winner already face)
pikin
Perch
Perch

Post by pikin »

Dave Horton wrote: Sun Jul 02 2023 19:52 -

That is great news Dave thanks for sharing. Talk looks awesome, I am sure it be a great night.
Paul Ikin
Alex Fox
Zander
Zander

Post by Alex Fox »

I haven't bought a fishing book for many years ... but this would be one book I would grab !
cookiesdaughtersdad
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by cookiesdaughtersdad »

Im glad you said that, Dave as I will now delay the release of my book because as out of respect for , Brian I wouldn't want to steal any of his thunder! :wink:

Cheers, Alan
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" Seneca, some Roman chap.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Wed Jul 05 2023 06:19 -

Im glad you said that, Dave as I will now delay the release of my book because as out of respect for , Brian I wouldn't want to steal any of his thunder! :wink:

Cheers, Alan
Hahaha! I just "Googled" you and your book!

(Get it face)
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

Dave Horton wrote: Wed Jul 05 2023 11:06 -
cookiesdaughtersdad wrote: Wed Jul 05 2023 06:19 -

Cheers, Alan
Hahaha! I just "Googled" you and your book!

(Get it face)
:laughs:
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
Old School Piker
Roach
Roach

Just like to give folks an update on our Brian Ingram talk yesterday. It was epic. Great turnout, ( almost 80 ), and everyone agreed that his catches spoke for themselves. Brian’s approach to his Piking was a breath of fresh air, and the thought and ingenuity that he applies to his Pike fishing is impressive.
He was genuinely pleased with how things went, and as our guests, both Sammy and Brian were treated like Royalty. Certainly an event that will stay with us for a long time. Superb.
David.F.Scobie
Perch
Perch

Post by David.F.Scobie »

The talk was simply inspirational there's no other way to describe it.

and I even won something in a raffle for a change usually I win the square root of f all in those things hahaha
Through adversity to the stars

YouTube Channel:-
https://www.youtube.com/c/DavidScobie

David Scobie Angling Adventures:-https://www.facebook.com/DFSAngling/
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Old School Piker wrote: Sun Nov 05 2023 13:44 -
Just like to give folks an update on our Brian Ingram talk yesterday. It was epic. Great turnout, ( almost 80 ), and everyone agreed that his catches spoke for themselves. Brian’s approach to his Piking was a breath of fresh air, and the thought and ingenuity that he applies to his Pike fishing is impressive.
He was genuinely pleased with how things went, and as our guests, both Sammy and Brian were treated like Royalty. Certainly an event that will stay with us for a long time. Superb.

Your hospitality is as legendary as Brians catches!

(Long live the king face)
Old School Piker
Roach
Roach

100%. It’s great to have an insight on how other anglers go about their Piking. Both you and Brian, have a dedication and determination to make it happen. On the hospitality front, you folks take the trouble to come over here, we know how to look after you. Everyone’s a winner, plus the talks have an “enjoyment “, factor for people coming to see how you guys do it.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Old School Piker wrote: Tue Nov 07 2023 21:14 -
100%. It’s great to have an insight on how other anglers go about their Piking. Both you and Brian, have a dedication and determination to make it happen. On the hospitality front, you folks take the trouble to come over here, we know how to look after you. Everyone’s a winner, plus the talks have an “enjoyment “, factor for people coming to see how you guys do it.
Agreed Melv but I've been giving presentations for over 30 years now and I've experienced varying degrees of hospitality. That said, every now and then you meet some one like yourself that you genuinely bond with and simply know that you'll keep in touch long term. One of the earliest presentation I ever gave was in South Wales in the early 90's and arriving alone can be quite daunting if I'm honest. Back then in Wales though, 1 man in particular (now my life long friend Les Moses) clocked this and came straight over to give me his own warm welcome, bought me a pint (it might be the last he ever bought mind lol) and then actually sat with me for the rest of the evening too. Little acts of compassion like that never escape me and I reciprocate without condition. Fishing aside Les and I have travelled half way around the world together on non fishing related holidays since, been on god knows how many non fishing related adventures, we've lent on each other through dark times, actually been nicked together and we still message each other about nothing all the time too.
I'm delighted to have planted the seed for you all meeting Bri and Sammy. As I said to elsewhere recently it was no brainer for me you were all the perfect fit!

(You deserved each other face)
Old School Piker
Roach
Roach

We are glad as well Dave. Both days are etched in our memories, and no doubt we will be in touch in future.