Refreshing soft plastics with additives

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
OldTaff
Stickleback
Stickleback

Refreshing soft plastics with additives

Post by OldTaff »

Does anyone know of any additives on the market for refreshing or adding scents to soft plastic lures that can then be used for dropshot or jig fished please?
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Re: Refreshing soft plastics with additives

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

Nope.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

There seems to be a few about. As Steve says there’s one by Berkeley, and there’s one by halco which seems to get quite good reviews: https://www.mrfishjersey.com/products/h ... gLBPvD_BwE

Not something I’ve used before, so can’t comment on its effectiveness, but would question whether it really makes a difference or not?

Jack
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

some swear by adding additives to deadbaits , but lures thats something i dont think i have tried adding ....to a rubber shad , probably sight would be enough to trigger a follow

but who really knows

think the yanks like it ...
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

stubbojo wrote: Sat Dec 09 2023 22:33 -
some swear by adding additives to deadbaits , but lures thats something i dont think i have tried adding ....to a rubber shad , probably sight would be enough to trigger a follow

but who really knows

think the yanks like it ...
I remember Steve Crowther showing me some secret potion he had that when coated onto lures, said it caught him more fish :eek: pretty sure it was WD40 :laughs:

Adding scent to soft plastics that'll be fished in a manner where they get time to inspect the lure, e.g. fishing with Neds and wotnot, I'd not dismiss that. I've caught a lot of perch and smaller pike, fishing with scented plastics, but do I think I catch more because of it? Not so sure about that, but it does no harm, same goes for dead baits. Never been convinced.
Piking Plonker
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

remember a guy who used to dip his bait into sardine oil when chub fishing , the bread flake used to soak up the oil .... he swore by it

steve