Zalt Lures

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Mully
Roach
Roach

Zalt Lures

Post by Mully »

Hi All

Just wondered if anyone uses or has used the Zalt Lures that are available. Just seen the 45G Versions on ebay for £6.50 and just after a bit of advice on them and if they are worth taking a punt with. I use a 6.5ft Fox Jerkbait Rod 30 - 150G With an Abu 6501 Loaded with 80lb Braid with 150lb steel leader.

Thanks James
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Zalt Lures

Post by dannytaylor »

Ive had some nice pike on them 20lb+ but there not go to lures for me. Usually clip them on as a last resort now. They have quite an erratic action and i find i have to fish them fast and quite aggressively to get them dancing. Worth having a couple though, they can be a good change lure when fish follow other lures in ..............
Dennis M
Roach
Roach

Post by Dennis M »

Bought a couple because I just love their action, especially if you can get them to dance like danny says.
2 turns on the reel followed by a stop usually does the trick.
Having said that, I haven't fished them a lot, so can't say if they're fish catchers or not.
But I do know they used to get a lot of use by german anglers.

Just make sure you buy the right buoyancy zalt.
Suspenders are great for active lure fishing, while floaters are perfect trolling lures.
Danoutdoors
Chub
Chub

Post by Danoutdoors »

Used to be my favourite lure, I was convinced that anything seeing it would definitely snarfle it, loved the action but unfortunately it's fallen to the wayside and other lures have taken its place as my favourites, it might make it back at some point, worth having in the tackle box.
Mully
Roach
Roach

Post by Mully »

Thanks for the reply lads. At £6.50 I think il invest in one to try
kristian
Chub
Chub

Post by kristian »

I've got one in the box somewhere but don't often use it... I know they catch plenty on the Baltic so can't be complete junk!
Timbo1
Roach
Roach

Post by Timbo1 »

My go too lure on a couple of Broads, I've a couple almost devoid of paint :thumbs:
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

I've got a few that I was given as samples to Field Test - my view was that they're all good quality, consistent in action and definitely catch pike and perch. I've also had zander on them.
Piking Plonker