zander protection

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

zander protection

Post by Neville Fickling »

I'm putting together a paper for the Angling Trust to show that zander are now no longer a problem in UK waters (if they ever were the sole reason for the problems of the 70s). I'm using Anglian Water/EA fishery survey results, personal data and other peoples research. I'd like to get some angling clubs on board with short positive comments. The ultimate aim is to get the zander the same protection as other coarse fish species. Other than Ashfield and KLAA, any other clubs likely to help?
Happy to be alive!!!!
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Re: zander protection

Post by Jason Skilton »

I'll approach a couple that I know :-) SLMAA, GVAC & GAPS
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

ta
Happy to be alive!!!!
ash brown
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by ash brown »

Neville Fickling wrote:
I'm putting together a paper for the Angling Trust to show that zander are now no longer a problem in UK waters (if they ever were the sole reason for the problems of the 70s). I'm using Anglian Water/EA fishery survey results, personal data and other peoples research. I'd like to get some angling clubs on board with short positive comments. The ultimate aim is to get the zander the same protection as other coarse fish species. Other than Ashfield and KLAA, any other clubs likely to help?
will help with as much as I can Nev, just curious when the Marine bill was in consultation and KLAA raised the point zander were not going to be protected under the new bill, the Angling Trust wouldn't back KLAA when they were sitting around the table with the EA and had the perfect opportunity to
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Well they will next time around however long that is. I must admit I've not been on the ball with this one, but a cast iron case needs a lot of preparation and I'm doing it as and when. All I need from KLAA is a short statement as to how zander now have no impact and lots of people in KLAA fish for them. Well try to fish for them when they are catchable! David DeVere of Old Bury Hill has sent me a very positive letter!!
Happy to be alive!!!!
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Cool Nev.......I have a statement from EA about naturalisation in waters after 20+ years if introduction if thats any use to you. ....m
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Jason Skilton wrote:
Cool Nev.......I have a statement from EA about naturalisation in waters after 20+ years if introduction if thats any use to you. ....m
send it along Jason
Happy to be alive!!!!
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Neville Fickling wrote:
Jason Skilton wrote:
send it along Jason
Emailed :thumbs:
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Send over one from a club....still working on another two ;-)
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

now that's very helpful. Ta
Happy to be alive!!!!
merlin
Chub
Chub

Post by merlin »

ash brown wrote:
Neville Fickling wrote:
will help with as much as I can Nev, just curious when the Marine bill was in consultation and KLAA raised the point zander were not going to be protected under the new bill, the Angling Trust wouldn't back KLAA when they were sitting around the table with the EA and had the perfect opportunity to
You were not alone in that one Ashley as PAC secretary at the time I was in on the consultation too and raised this with Mike Heylin who was doing the consultation with the speci groups. I was pretty much told to put a sock in it as to get Zander protected would have slowed the proposed changes and it was deemed they were more important.

Fast forward to today and has it stopped fish being taken for the table? No. It was and always was a rushed through, ill thought out bit of legislation and zander and catfish anglers were sold down the river on the back of it, hence why the AT wont be getting my hard earned anytime soon
dart stew laws
Zander
Zander

Post by dart stew laws »

That's a bit like losing the battle Mark but not the war, disagree with you mate on this, who else do you throw the towel in with if not the AT, there will always be short falling's in any organisation but surely the fight to protect fishing from its many quarters is foremost.
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

merlin wrote:
ash brown wrote:
Neville Fickling wrote:
You were not alone in that one Ashley as PAC secretary at the time I was in on the consultation too and raised this with Mike Heylin who was doing the consultation with the speci groups. I was pretty much told to put a sock in it as to get Zander protected would have slowed the proposed changes and it was deemed they were more important.

Fast forward to today and has it stopped fish being taken for the table? No. It was and always was a rushed through, ill thought out bit of legislation and zander and catfish anglers were sold down the river on the back of it, hence why the AT wont be getting my hard earned anytime soon
because you are a member of ZAC Mark you are affiliated to AT like it or no!! :laughs:
Happy to be alive!!!!
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Neville Fickling wrote:
merlin wrote:
ash brown wrote:
Neville Fickling wrote:

because you are a member of ZAC Mark you are affiliated to AT like it or no!! :laughs:
:boing: Love it.....he's a member of AT and doesn't know it
Donky123
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Donky123 »

It's an offence to remove them under schedule 1 of the theft act if they are removed without permission of the water owner.

also under the EA national fish removal byelaws its an offence to remove owned fish without written permission of the water owner.
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Donky123 wrote:
It's an offence to remove them under schedule 1 of the theft act if they are removed without permission of the water owner.

also under the EA national fish removal byelaws its an offence to remove owned fish without written permission of the water owner.
Y I think we are aware of that.If they are protected under EA laws then it is down to the EA to apprehend and prosecute. A lot easier to get them to do it.
Happy to be alive!!!!