Pressured catfish

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Wobbler
Stickleback
Stickleback

Pressured catfish

Post by Wobbler »

Do any of you guys believe that pressured cats can get very wise to bottom baits hair rigged,as in sucking and ejecting baits as a carp can,basically cleaning up free offerings and doing ya,not heard people compare them to carp in this respect,any thoughts appreciated, cheers
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Pressured catfish

Post by Neville Fickling »

You certainly get dropped runs from
Cats though I’ve no idea whlhy.
Happy to be alive!!!!
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Wobbler wrote: Thu May 04 2023 14:34 -
Do any of you guys believe that pressured cats can get very wise to bottom baits hair rigged,as in sucking and ejecting baits as a carp can,basically cleaning up free offerings and doing ya,not heard people compare them to carp in this respect,any thoughts appreciated, cheers
They're a lot like pike from my experience, i.e. when they're not fully active, they'll tentatively mouth baits. You can of course use rigs that are more effective at hooking them when they're playing silly buggers. But IMO it's got nothing to do with them being wary of rigs or hook baits. People tend to overthink these things when they're not catching. I wouldn't accredit them with much intelligence or an ability to learn, in the way carp can. I find when they're active, not a lot will get in their way of eating everything you put in front of them.
Piking Plonker
Neville Fickling
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Neville Fickling »

Mark Phillips wrote: Thu May 18 2023 17:46 -
Wobbler wrote: Thu May 04 2023 14:34 -
They're a lot like pike from my experience, i.e. when they're not fully active, they'll tentatively mouth baits. You can of course use rigs that are more effective at hooking them when they're playing silly buggers. But IMO it's got nothing to do with them being wary of rigs or hook baits. People tend to overthink these things when they're not catching. I wouldn't accredit them with much intelligence or an ability to learn, in the way carp can. I find when they're active, not a lot will get in their way of eating everything you put in front of them.
I think you are right there Mark. The hungrier they are the less picky they tend to be
Happy to be alive!!!!