it would of been!

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
PhilipFay
Stickleback
Stickleback

it would of been!

Post by PhilipFay »

i recently went out to a local reservoir with a mate of mine.
we headed out intend for trout , nut i said ill bring me pike fly gear with me as its were we do most are piking during the winter.
this was my 3rd time using me 9# weight rod ,both other trips were unsuccessful.
after getting the hang of casting a much bigger and heavier pike fly instead of little trout lures or buzzers.

i got a massive take! after about a minute and a half fight she decided to jump, as she jumped i spotted the fly at the corner of mouth.
just seconds later as she hits the water i feel the line slacking then this big peace of pink and White fluff coming towards more! after the nervous and shakes settled after losing her i said ill check the hook. the point was blunt as a butter knife! first time using it and i wouldn't think i'd have that problem!

from what i seen from her air display ,i would of easily put her at a low-mid double! she would of been me first pike on pike fly tackle!
(had about 3lb jack on a trout lure once before)

i never felt so bad in my life over losing a fish!
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: it would of been!

Post by Andrew »

thats rotten :laughs:

Get yerself a wee diamond hook sharpner (pen style one)
sebshelton
Chub
Chub

Re: it would of been!

Post by sebshelton »

Unlucky, but good practice is often learned the hard way. Look on the bright side though...it might have been a mid 30 :wink: