tench problem

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
fishder
Perch
Perch

tench problem

Post by fishder »

HI I always do a bit off tench fishing every year and use the method feeder and it has always caught me a few. But i was at the same lake last week and got 2 takes that i missed due to the method feeder getting buried in weed In on take i could feel the fish on the line but it eventually got off. Would I be better off useing a different rig, and i was fishing too far out to use a weed rake any info appreciated.
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Re: tench problem

Post by suffolk si »

To quote Mr fairbrass...drop the lead everytime lol, in all seriousness, an inline should be less prone to catching up, if not maybe inline lead and pva bag perhaps and just don't use a feeder?
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Solid PVA bag with lead inside.

Also maybe worth leading around to try and find a slightly clearer spot or the edge of the weed. One lake I fished bombing the method down into the weed worked a treat, the tench would dig it out. Out of interest how slack is your bait runner/clutch? It could be worth fishing tighter or locked up, then the tench can't run on the take and bury itself further into the weed.

Good luck :thumbs:
fishder
Perch
Perch

Post by fishder »

cheers for the replys i fish with a tight clutch on the baitrunner might give the pva bags a go .
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Rake the area with a castable rake on the spod rod.....

http://uniqueweldingservices.co.uk/shop ... uct_id=60

I can highly recommend this one
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

Jason Skilton wrote: Thu Jun 15 2017 13:22 -
Rake the area with a castable rake on the spod rod.....

http://uniqueweldingservices.co.uk/shop ... uct_id=60

I can highly recommend this one

Looks a nice little rake jason. Had to laugh at the description of it being a stealth rake :laughs: your going to have to cast it in loads to get a spot raked off, very stealthy.

One thing ive not done for years is use a boat/dingy to position bait and rigs. It was top going out and looking for little dinner plate sized clear spots amongst the weed that fish had fed on. I remember doing this to catch my first double. I went out not long after catching it to reposition my rig, as i approached the spot two big carp where feeding hard, they spooked as i drifted up to them. That spot produced an 8 and a lovely linear but as the spot began to grow in size the fish stopped visiting it. I would love to fish like this again as its fascinating, trouble is finding a venue that allows it is a rare thing...............