The future's here?

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

The future's here?

Post by davelumb »

Not my idea of fishing, going somewhere like this. The rules are an interesting/depressing read.

https://laculiannis.ro/en/whatwedo/lake-features/
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Re: The future's here?

Post by Steve Dennington »

Not my idea of fishing either.

I can see their idea in making all the swims' features identical - to reduce the situation of hot swims and duffers - but surely if all of the swims have identical features, the biggest factor will be the wind. As the wind tends to change, so will the location of the fish, so unless they have fenced-off lanes with identical stock in each (shouldn't give them ideas really! :laughs: ) they'll inevitably end up with an inequality in the number of fish in front of each swim.
Last edited by Steve Dennington on Wed Apr 24 2024 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

I wouldn't fish there if it was the last place on earth! :neutral:
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Steve Dennington wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 13:20 -
Not my idea of fishing either.

I can see their idea in making all the swims' features identical - to reduce the situation of hot swims and duffers - but surely if all of the swims have identical features, the biggest factor will be the wind. As the wind tends to change, so will the location of the fish, so unless they have fenced-off lanes with identical stock in each (shouldn't give them ideas really! :laughs: ) they'll inevitable end up with an inequality in the number of fish in front of each swim.
I've been thinking for some time that underwater fences in swims to retain fish can't be far away. Want to catch Shirley? She's in swim 26. :joker:
OLDESOX
Barbel
Barbel

Post by OLDESOX »

I dont know if anyone recalls, angling tales in the anglers mail. however one tale for the future[1970,s] on arrival at the fishing place booked in advance with a lane to fish from you will arrived and have your tackle checked and baits[ club baits only], once in your lane you have a alotted time to fish.
our hero had taken some bread hidden on his person and got the record but was banned there after.

seemed fantasy back in the day oh so true now.
retired so time to smell the roses.
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Steve Le maitre »

Where is the slip ? Give it a troll sometime
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

davelumb wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 12:49 -
Not my idea of fishing, going somewhere like this. The rules are an interesting/depressing read.

I can see that from an older/pleasure anglers view point. One thing that has been mentioned around renewal time on club waters is a long the lines of.....Why should I rejoin the rivers are always in flood the last few winters. Or.... I only get out once a month and want a bed in the rod.

Not everyone can or wants to fish every week say from October through to March. And when they do they don't want a dry net.

Come Friday I'm champing at the bit to get down the river at the weekend, but these lakes may give others an incentive to get out?
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

Just noticed it's in Romania. Probably explains all the strict rules.
"He's some sort of lure savant. Or just has an unhealthy addiction to old lures. We are not quite sure . . . . . "
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Monts wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 17:55 -

I can see that from an older/pleasure anglers view point. One thing that has been mentioned around renewal time on club waters is a long the lines of.....Why should I rejoin the rivers are always in flood the last few winters. Or.... I only get out once a month and want a bed in the rod.

Not everyone can or wants to fish every week say from October through to March. And when they do they don't want a dry net.

Come Friday I'm champing at the bit to get down the river at the weekend, but these lakes may give others an incentive to get out?
I can see the appeal of baggin' waters for the occasional angler, but the blurb for this one reads as if they are turning it away from a runs water to a monster fish water. One with no snags and all mod cons.
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

davelumb wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 18:07 -

I can see the appeal of baggin' waters for the occasional angler, but the blurb for this one reads as if they are turning it away from a runs water to a monster fish water. One with no snags and all mod cons.
I didn't read the blurb properly, if it's a big Carp water then are they fishing for dinner :joker:

I wonder if something like that will happen with Pike? I recall some lakes in Raleigh Essex known as 'Joke Lodge 'owing to I think large Catfish. Perhaps it is just the way the world is now with the instant gratification, just rock up and catch.

One of my clubs has a waiting list, predominately running water. But are we the last era of river anglers as there are not to many young anglers about now who seem to enjoy that kind of thing.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Monts wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 18:19 -
One of my clubs has a waiting list, predominately running water. But are we the last era of river anglers as there are not to many young anglers about now who seem to enjoy that kind of thing.
Trout stillwaters are seemingly going the same way. My local ex-trout lakes are now a nature reserve.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Monts wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 18:19 -
davelumb wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 18:07 -

I didn't read the blurb properly, if it's a big Carp water then are they fishing for dinner :joker:

I wonder if something like that will happen with Pike? I recall some lakes in Raleigh Essex known as 'Joke Lodge 'owing to I think large Catfish. Perhaps it is just the way the world is now with the instant gratification, just rock up and catch.

Yeah 'Joke Lodge' had huge for the time catfish in which had apparently grown there and not come over in small boats from France! :joker:

I'm in two clubs with waiting lists. The river club has game fishing which might be part of the reason. It's a shorter wait than when I applied though.The other one is leaning towards becoming a carp club - although so far it's still pretty well mixed.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

A Boat!! :laughs:

i thought they meant bait boats but no, a f*****g boat :laughs:
paintman
Perch
Perch

Post by paintman »

OLDESOX wrote: Wed Apr 24 2024 15:38 -
I dont know if anyone recalls, angling tales in the anglers mail. however one tale for the future[1970,s] on arrival at the fishing place booked in advance with a lane to fish from you will arrived and have your tackle checked and baits[ club baits only], once in your lane you have a alotted time to fish.
our hero had taken some bread hidden on his person and got the record but was banned there after.

seemed fantasy back in the day oh so true now.
^^^^^Only have to look at the water maps for the British Carp Angling Championship matches with the dotted lines showing the allowed swims for each peg to see that it's here.
https://britishcarpchamps.co.uk/
andy.c
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by andy.c »

I wouldn't go all the way to Romania for that, but if the fish are that big many will.

A lake with no soul.
phil.c
Zander
Zander

Post by phil.c »

That is bloody awful.

If that was all I had I think I would take up golf.
My opinion may offend, but it's only an opinion that may differ to your's.
It doesn't make me wrong.

Phil Cheriton....
Jack H
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Jack H »

Looks and sounds terrible to me. A bit like the gigantica lake in France, just looks far too ‘man made’. Part of the enjoyment in my fishing is being out and seeing wildlife and the different landscapes. I’d rather be fishing a small stream in a secluded field surrounded by cows and birds any day of the week.

Jack
John Milford
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by John Milford »

Stolen off another forum. :giggle:

Screenshot_20240429-205446_Chrome~3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoeNickel
Chub
Chub

Post by JoeNickel »

Brilliant - love the bell ringing to advise the fish is attached :laughs:
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed