Not new, but...

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
juttle
Perch
Perch

Not new, but...

Post by juttle »

I’ve not been in here for four years, more or less, so I thought I’d better post something! Been piking for years up and down the country, but now we’ve landed in Devon. I’ve been used to fishing the Thames, the Severn, a few big concrete puddles, but down here there’s bugger all decent piking! I should qualify that, the Exeter Canal has what’s supposed to be the best piking in the southwest and I’ve got an Exeter Angling Association ticket so I’ve got access to it. The only problem being on a good day I’m on crutches, on a bad day, wheels, so I can’t get to most of it!

I’m gonna keep looking though as there must be some decent fishing hidden somewhere amongst all these big green bits. What I need is a friendly farmer who who has a river running through his land that’s likely to take pity on a poor old raspberry! Other than that, it’s Pikelines and a vivid imagination!

I suppose I could always buy a camper and bugger off to the fens every so often!

Anyway, it’s good reading in here so I’ll settle for that for now!

Bob
Bob
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Re: Not new, but...

Post by Will Smith »

Yes keep looking Bob, effort equals reward :thumbs: .
Sorry to hear you are not getting about so well. Welcome to the pit.
Will.
juttle
Perch
Perch

Post by juttle »

Cheers, mate! I’m still getting out every so often but not as often as I wish. What I need to do is load up on the oramorph and get somebody else to drive!
Bob
Andrew quinn
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Andrew quinn »

:wave: hello..... sorry carnt help with advice that far south...... dont have a passport so never been out of lancashire
Regards..

Andrew.... :fu:
juttle
Perch
Perch

Post by juttle »

Well, can’t help with the passport, but you’ll be pleased to know that the practice of the elders of the village eating the firstborn of new families has now been banned!

Apparently the practice was outlawed to encourage tourism!
Bob
Andrew quinn
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Andrew quinn »

Finally......i always knew that was wrong

Hope you get some fishing sorted though

Tight lines fella
Regards..

Andrew.... :fu: