Hiya

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Neiled
Stickleback
Stickleback

Hiya

Post by Neiled »

Coming back to sea fishing after some 20 odd years away and changing to lure spinning rather than beach casting. I can't believe the change in styles and gear so looking forward to getting out along the North Wales coast and perhaps some pike fishing which I've never done before :grin:
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: Hiya

Post by Mike J »

Welcome aboard :handshake:

Beware many sea lures and not tough enough to resist the teeth of a pike, they can also be cracked from the force of the attack eg; Yozuri Crystal Minnow.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Neiled
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Neiled »

Mike J wrote: Wed Aug 24 2022 10:04 -

Beware many sea lures and not tough enough to resist the teeth of a pike, they can also be cracked from the force of the attack eg; Yozuri Crystal Minnow.

Thanks Mike.

I'm afraid that I'm a bit of an "all the gear no idea :no: " type of guy and always dive in at the deep end (no pun intended) and from starting with no kit some 4 weeks ago now have 7 rods and 9 reels along with a host of other gear :scratch: , all new and decent makes (Daiwa, Shimano & Savage Gear).
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Neiled wrote: Wed Aug 24 2022 10:56 -
Mike J wrote: Wed Aug 24 2022 10:04 -

Thanks Mike.

I'm afraid that I'm a bit of an "all the gear no idea :no: " type of guy and always dive in at the deep end (no pun intended) and from starting with no kit some 4 weeks ago now have 7 rods and 9 reels along with a host of other gear :scratch: , all new and decent makes (Daiwa, Shimano & Savage Gear).

You dont list where your based but perhaps because of the ever increasing numbers of bass being released lure fishing has become very popular around our coastsfor those who live near enough.
As for gear, much of it is transferable between species and disciplines so much of what you've already committed to certainly wont be redundant.

NB for future reference there is a Forum rule of no naming of waters. :thumbs:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus