New

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
J3cc
Stickleback
Stickleback

New

Post by J3cc »

Hey everyone,

I'm getting back into fishing in my early 30's after a long, long time off. Anyone local to me that's into Pike fishing and fancy showing a newbie the ropes? I'm located in Bowerhill, Wiltshire and plan to fish the Kennet & Avon Canal (literally half a mile walk over 2 fields from my front door) and the River Avon on other occasions.

A couple of my friends fish but i'll be honest I'm not into this sitting on a Carp peg for 3 days and blanking for so I don't join them, nor plan on ever doing so lol.

I've done plenty of my own research etc. into Pike fishing but there's never a better way than seeing the artform in person from an experienced angler so if anyone's game I'd love a few outings this Winter.

John

EDIT: I may have been a bit of a muppet and posted in the wrong place too so if any Admins want to move to the Introduction Forum feel free :)
Abu Garcia Cardinal Pro 10-45g 8ft / Abu Garcia Cardinal Pro 3000 Reel
Sonik SKSC Commercial Waggler 10ft / Sonik SKSC Commercial 3000 Reel
Shakespeare Mentor Match 4lb 12ft
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: New

Post by Mike J »

Welcome aboard :handshake:

Have you thought about joining the PAC? It has regions and you will probably find some members who live near you and of you attend a few meetings it will let others get to know you.
In the meantime buy a wad of our Christmas Draw tickets and you might win one of the many days fishing being offerred as prizes.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
J3cc
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by J3cc »

I'll be honest I didn't know what PAC was until you just suggested it... thank you! I'm just after any advice or knowledge from anyone, I don't want to be taken to anyone's secret spots or take their land, just learn :)
Abu Garcia Cardinal Pro 10-45g 8ft / Abu Garcia Cardinal Pro 3000 Reel
Sonik SKSC Commercial Waggler 10ft / Sonik SKSC Commercial 3000 Reel
Shakespeare Mentor Match 4lb 12ft
Crackoff
Zander
Zander

Post by Crackoff »

Elow :wave:

Grant :santa:
Grant Everson :smile:

To that one soul reading this