DR PAUL GARNER AT ESSEX PAC 9.1.13

Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain
Sean Ellis PAC
Perch
Perch

DR PAUL GARNER AT ESSEX PAC 9.1.13

Post by Sean Ellis PAC »

Paul Garner LIVE 9.1.13
Happy Xmas and a merry New Year from us at Essex PAC towers, delighted to let you all know we have Dr Paul Garner coming into Essex for his live talk. Entitled "Reservoir Dogs", Paul tells of his antics of himself and mates fishing Grafham, Rutland, Pitsford, Blithfield, Chew and Farmoor. Paul is a predator consultant for Nash, Baitbox and Pure Fishing, whilst writing for the Angling Times and Anglers Mail and appearing in January's Pike &Predator mag, front page no less ! Paul, 41, is based in the West Midlands and gained a Docterate in Fisheries Ecology in 1997. He went on to publish numerous scientific papers on the behaviour of coarse fish, we can look forward to some very interesting views from Paul ! He has also produced a book called Underwater Angling and you'll be able to catch a book from Paul during his visit. His ground-breaking book has been an incredible 3yr journey involving fish movement for him and co-writer Stuart Morgan. You can see Paul Garner at our meeting at the Winged Horse pub in Luncies Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 1SB on 9.1.2013 at 7.30pm. Entry is £4 for PAC members and just a quid more for non-members, FREE hot food included and piker's raffle prizes and pike trade stand. THE BEST NIGHT OUT ANYWHERE FOR PIKERS IN ESSEX !
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Re: DR PAUL GARNER AT ESSEX PAC 9.1.13

Post by Dave Horton »

On bleeding duty but will REALLY try to make this one!

(Sound VERY interesting face)
Sean Ellis PAC
Perch
Perch

Post by Sean Ellis PAC »

Dave Horton wrote:
On bleeding duty but will REALLY try to make this one!

(Sound VERY interesting face)
Noooooo, well we'll be keeping ImageImageImage then young David. Doggy bowl for Lucy at the ready..
BillPalmer
Perch
Perch

Post by BillPalmer »

I will be fighting in our corner at the Abberton meeting.Image Hope to be back in time Sean,Image hopefully with some good news.Image

Bill.
Stevo
Chub
Chub

Post by Stevo »

Brilliant talk, and some stunning fishy photos.

Had the pleasure of seeing him at the Teme Valley meet a month or so ago....

Get along if you can Dave!!!

Steve
Sean Ellis PAC
Perch
Perch

Post by Sean Ellis PAC »

BillPalmer wrote:
I will be fighting in our corner at the Abberton meeting.Image Hope to be back in time Sean,Image hopefully with some good news.Image

Bill.
Glad you ain't forgot Bill, got another email for you that I'll forward
(Keep fighting the good fight face)
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Just found out I can't get tom night off Sean!

(Bitterly disappointed I really fancied this one face)
Sean Ellis PAC
Perch
Perch

Post by Sean Ellis PAC »

Dave Horton wrote:

ImageImageImageImage

Feel for ya Dave, i'd be miffed too, i didn't know too much about Paul before i booked him, but have heard good things since and looking forward to a different slant on a few topics from him.

Sounds a top lad on the blower and of course, extremely gracious of him to travel down from the West Midlands and gives us a contribution for the raffle. Let me know if you want his book, might be able to arrange some credit Image
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

Sean Ellis PAC wrote:
Dave Horton wrote:

ImageImageImageImage

Feel for ya Dave, i'd be miffed too, i didn't know too much about Paul before i booked him, but have heard good things since and looking forward to a different slant on a few topics from him.

Sounds a top lad on the blower and of course, extremely gracious of him to travel down from the West Midlands and gives us a contribution for the raffle. Let me know if you want his book, might be able to arrange some credit Image
To be honest Sean, I knew very little of him either until I read your write up. Before that he was just a fella who caught more than his share but that fish behaviour bit really interested me as it's likely he'll have a different take on things to many of us.

(I'm genuinely cheesed off face)
Pikey Phil
Chub
Chub

Post by Pikey Phil »

Paul has become a mate of mine over the last few years and helped out with some great photos for my first book (Here and There). He knows his stuff alright about a host of fish species amd has caught some great pike too e.g the one biggie in Farmoor. Top bloke, should be a great evening. Big up the Essex Massive (again!).

PS Sean, wot happened to my poster mate?
BillPalmer
Perch
Perch

Post by BillPalmer »

Well done Paul and Sean, another good night at Essex PAC, even thou Paul had to do half his talk without his slides.Image Spikes bulb to the rescue:clap:

Bill.
Pikey Phil
Chub
Chub

Post by Pikey Phil »

Very professional chap is our Paul. Lesson to us all about relying on other peoples presentation gear. If bulb blows and no spare can be found speaker is a bit knackered. He can talk without slides but it is not anything like as good (usually).
Sean Ellis PAC
Perch
Perch

Post by Sean Ellis PAC »

Cheers Bill, it was a great night, albeit every RO's nightmare regarding the projector bulb. That'll set us back a bit financially, what a fugger. Big thanks to Colin Woodcock for racing over the Dartford bridge and back at 8pm so we could continue the show and i'm really glad Paul sold a few books last night, looking forward to settling down with mine at some point.

Paul gave his presentation without pictures for the first hour and wasn't the slightest put off by it, he certainly knows his stuff Phil. I found Paul to be very personable, a truly good guy and i'd happily spend a day in the boat with him as he likes a good laugh too. In fact he really put himself out for us last night and i'd recommend him to any region.
Sean Ellis PAC
Perch
Perch

Post by Sean Ellis PAC »

Pikey Phil wrote:
Paul has become a mate of mine over the last few years and helped out with some great photos for my first book (Here and There). He knows his stuff alright about a host of fish species amd has caught some great pike too e.g the one biggie in Farmoor. Top bloke, should be a great evening. Big up the Essex Massive (again!).

PS Sean, wot happened to my poster mate?

Thought about that last night Phil, i will get round to it. It really has been bonkers since your talk, there has been so much going on, i won't forget.. trust.