Paddle tail recomendstions

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Paddle tail recomendstions

Post by Alan_dalton »

Any suggestions for big paddle tails to add to lures for different actions.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Re: Paddle tail recomendstions

Post by Steve Dennington »

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to do, but these might be what you're looking for?

https://chicoslures.co.uk/strike-truegl ... 3_106.html
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Steve Dennington wrote: Tue Apr 16 2024 17:41 -
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to do, but these might be what you're looking for?

https://chicoslures.co.uk/strike-truegl ... 3_106.html
Not at those prices. £3.50 from Sportfish when I last got some for my collection of Guppies. You only get one paddle in a pack. The curly do however make good spinnerbait trailers.
Piking Plonker
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Thanks, just getting back into lure fishing and having a play around with lures and adding different tales etc to old lures
Ratty46
Chub
Chub

Post by Ratty46 »

get some of the savage whitefish shads or Westing Shadteez, no need for tons of different paddles, so long as it kicks well, and rolls/rocks its good to go
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Ratty46 wrote: Wed Apr 17 2024 15:29 -
get some of the savage whitefish shads or Westing Shadteez, no need for tons of different paddles, so long as it kicks well, and rolls/rocks its good to go
:thumbs:
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Ratty46 wrote: Wed Apr 17 2024 15:29 -
Yeah, no need to have a mountain of paddle tail softbaits, but different brands differ in action, which can make or break a session. Pig Shad, Gator Gum, Wolfcreek Shad, Scout Shad, Scout Bream, Eastfield Wingman, the new Whitefish Shad and a real favourite of mine, the Jiggar Jig. These are the lures I use and they all have those subtle differences that suit different situations, ranging from subtle tail actions and gentle body roll, to more vigorous tail and body roll. We've moved on a lot from those old Replicunts :laughs: On the bank I can only take a few, so tend to have good think what to take based on when and where I am fishing, in the boat I can take a much wider selection of course. I also find certain paddle tail baits work better in colder water, the ones you can fish slower with the more subtle actions.
Piking Plonker