Bulldawg rod

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Toothycritter89
Stickleback
Stickleback

Bulldawg rod

Post by Toothycritter89 »

Hi there I'm after purchasing a couple of bulldawg rods I'm a keen lure fishermen and now I think I would like to step it up a notch. I'm after a couple of rods around the 150-200g mark for using big softbaits or large jerkbaits. any suggestions please would be highly appreciated or anybody selling a couple or just want rid that would be great too. Thank you for reading, Ant.
sam_coan
Stickleback
Stickleback

Re: Bulldawg rod

Post by sam_coan »

Depends how big you want to go really! I have two rods I use for swimbaits. The 7 foot svartzonker 40-140g rod which is great for regular bull dawgs and 8 inch replicants etc. Can also use it for fishing jerkbaits if you need to. For the really big lures I use a musky innovations bulldawg pro series rod 7 foot 6 inch 2-10oz which is perfect for magnum bulldawgs and other big lures.
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

Using a 9 ft tackle industries for my dawgs and large rubber, very easy to cast without much effort.
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
Steve Moore
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Steve Moore »

Dave Lumb, Trickster heavy.
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

You don't need anything special to fish the larger dawgs - any decent 6' to 7' jerk bait rod with a heavy rating is just fine.
Piking Plonker
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Have a look a Dave lumbs Axiom range of rods
My fishing partner bought one ,
What can I say, I was that impressed when we got home I ordered one :thumbs: