Bucher swimin joes

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
PaulBrindle
Roach
Roach

Bucher swimin joes

Post by PaulBrindle »

I've recently acquired a few of these in a deal unused,anyone cast or tolled these as they appear to be rarely mentioned anywhere.
Cheers
jonsykes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Bucher swimin joes

Post by jonsykes »

I put some on eBay Paul, a guy in Australia bought them - must have cost him a fortune for the eBay global shipping programme. So - he must have really rated them, I recall he was using them in saltwater but I forget what fish he targeted with them.
Richard Grave
Perch
Perch

Post by Richard Grave »

Dunno if they've changed the design since I got mine but they outer rubber skin comes off way to easy and more worrying is the lack of strength in the straight hook hanger on the underside! Normally anything Bucher was bombproof so it came as quite a surprise..
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Richard Grave wrote: Sun Dec 10 2017 20:04 -
Dunno if they've changed the design since I got mine but they outer rubber skin comes off way to easy and more worrying is the lack of strength in the straight hook hanger on the underside! Normally anything Bucher was bombproof so it came as quite a surprise..
I think the original design was from the Megabait Charlie, but those were made with the 8 shaped moulded hanger that could pull out of the body. I had some and could easily pull them apart, so they got binned.

The Bucher ones are through-wired, rock solid, and are very good lures in all sizes.
Will Smith
James Holgate Award Winner 2023

Post by Will Smith »

Steve Dennington wrote: Sun Dec 10 2017 22:49 -
I think the original design was from the Megabait Charlie, but those were made with the 8 shaped moulded hanger that could pull out of the body. I had some and could easily pull them apart, so they got binned.

The Bucher ones are through-wired, rock solid, and are very good lures in all sizes.
Yep, same here Steve, I could not believe how easy they came out.
They still had a nice swimming action, at least I thought so, don't think the fish were that impressed.

Will.
PaulBrindle
Roach
Roach

Post by PaulBrindle »

Sure these are bucher ones,have you trolled them Steve? I'm wondering how deep they go.
Cheers
PaulBrindle
Roach
Roach

Post by PaulBrindle »

Will Smith wrote: Mon Dec 11 2017 19:35 -

They still had a nice swimming action, at least I thought so, don't think the fish were that impressed.

Will.
Poor catchers you think Will?
Will Smith

Post by Will Smith »

PaulBrindle wrote: Mon Dec 11 2017 19:46 -
Will Smith wrote: Mon Dec 11 2017 19:35 -

Will.
Poor catchers you think Will?
Don't think I had a singe fish all the times I used them Paul, thats to to say they would not do well for someone else just they did not work for me, since the hanger pulled out of one of them I tend not to use them now.

Will.
rachel
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by rachel »

troll at about 10ft and catch fish very good
royboy
Chub
Chub

Post by royboy »

Used one twice , had 2 fish on them .
The hanger came out on the 2nd fish , left the treble in the fish !
I use a stinger hook now clipped to the trace ....