Savage gear fat tail spin

If you use artificial lures to catch any predator this is the forum for you
Kev1974
Roach
Roach

Savage gear fat tail spin

Post by Kev1974 »

Anyone tried these , I've brought a few .
Apparenly been lethal for perch in broadland so looking forward to trying next week .

It's a heavy 24g for tiny lure
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Re: Savage gear fat tail spin

Post by Mark Phillips »

Not the SG, but there are so many to choose from and I think they're all very similar. The one I like most is the Nays Blade Runner and it's probably the best in terms of quality. The 28g DoubleKill is a better choice if you're after bigger perch.
Piking Plonker
Sebas
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Sebas »

Only similar thing I've used is a Spinmad, never tried it for Perch but a good lure and probably better quality than the SG equivalent.
Mmmmmmmm yes
Mark Phillips
Zander
Zander

Post by Mark Phillips »

Sebas wrote: Fri Oct 20 2023 14:59 -
Only similar thing I've used is a Spinmad, never tried it for Perch but a good lure and probably better quality than the SG equivalent.
There's heaps of them, all very similar... e.g. Westin DropBite, Berkely Pulse, Illex Deracoup, Gunki Jiger, Fladen Conrad, Fox Rage Big Eye Spin, Molic Trago, Kuusamo Jig Spinner - did well on Chew with those. The list just goes on, shed loads of spin tails to choose from. Very effective perch lures. The Nays is still the best I have used.
Piking Plonker
Kev1974
Roach
Roach

Post by Kev1974 »

After today monsoon in Norfolk I think any fishing a wipe out on the rivers sadly ..
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Mark Phillips wrote: Fri Oct 20 2023 18:48 -
Sebas wrote: Fri Oct 20 2023 14:59 -
There's heaps of them, all very similar... e.g. Westin DropBite, Berkely Pulse, Illex Deracoup, Gunki Jiger, Fladen Conrad, Fox Rage Big Eye Spin, Molic Trago, Kuusamo Jig Spinner - did well on Chew with those. The list just goes on, shed loads of spin tails to choose from. Very effective perch lures. The Nays is still the best I have used.
They can be effective for pike too, but larger ones are pretty much non-existent for some reason, so I made some a few years ago (4" body in the pic).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve D
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve D »

My lad got one at the weekend , went out today with him and it was getting smashed by plenty of jacks. They cast like bullets too so ideal for covering water.
Theres one or two phoneys round here ..
Kev1974
Roach
Roach

Post by Kev1974 »

Not tried it yet , rivers swollen mess still .
Shame can get bigger version will look at some similar alternatives mentioned in thread if they are bit bigger
Kev1974
Roach
Roach

Post by Kev1974 »