Pike killer

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
Kev22188
Stickleback
Stickleback

Pike killer

Post by Kev22188 »

This got posted to me today, if anyone has any details on who this is please message me and il pass it on. This was at Loch Lomond I belive. Alot of good sized pike killed when should be released safely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bencarvosso
Chub
Chub

Re: Pike killer

Post by bencarvosso »

Shocking way to treat pike but I wonder if they're dead.
They don't look like they've been chapped on the head maybe kept in a keepnet or something.
Reminds me of a 1970s pike catch
Running Ledger Fishing Blog
http://www.bencarvosso.wordpress.com
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

If they came from the area behind him they could have been preparing to spawn and easily removed with a net.

Sad to see some people actually think this is something to boast about.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

bencarvosso wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 08:50 -
Shocking way to treat pike but I wonder if they're dead.
They don't look like they've been chapped on the head maybe kept in a keepnet or something.
Reminds me of a 1970s pike catch
I agree. They don't look dead. I thought this kind of photo had gone out with the Ark.
Steve D
Chub
Chub

Post by Steve D »

That bottom fish looks dead as the colours draining out. Hopefully they’re not and where put back safe and sound . I’ll not hold my breath though .
Theres one or two phoneys round here ..
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

spawning grounds definitely , looks like there all females , probably just scooped them up in a net , with the absence of a mat , dont think it looks good for them TBH ...
SHOULD BE NAMED AND SHAMED........ :evil:
Kev22188
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Kev22188 »

From what iv heard and reason I put this post up last night as it was sent to me by a friend, bailiff at Loch Lomond trying to find this person as apparently they have been chapped, the bottom pike definitely looks like it's been there a while.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

where did the pic come from to begin with, wouldn't that point to who it is :scratch:
Kev22188
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Kev22188 »

You would think so lol but obv no names been given out etc, if he bought a permit could narrow it down aswel but don't know if he did. Feel all pike should be returned safely and landing mats used for unhooking, not 1 in the picture ether? Hopefully the bailiff finds out who it is.
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

Steve D wrote: Wed Mar 02 2022 17:37 -
That bottom fish looks dead as the colours draining out. Hopefully they’re not and where put back safe and sound . I’ll not hold my breath though .
Possibly just two tone colouration on that fish? Fins and eyes are always the giveaways and they look like those of a live fish to me :shrug:
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Steve Dennington wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 12:17 -
Possibly just two tone colouration on that fish? Fins and eyes are always the giveaways and they look like those of a live fish to me :shrug:
yes probably ...but for how long ....... the stare says it all for me :cry:
surely with a catch like that it would raise a smile .......
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Steve Le maitre »

A picture with 5 fish in it you would of thought at least one of them would of been gaping, but just look at the person’s eyes - completely dead.
Fish of that size and number probably represent near on a thousand acres of water in real terms, all pooled into a small area for an easy harvest.
And is that the first time ? did they go back ok ?
I doubt the Bailiff would really care, they are there purely for safeguarding the Game Fishing.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Steve Dennington wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 12:17 -
Nah that's dead in my opinion or at the very least been kept in a keepnet for way too long at deaths door. Seen that sort of color plenty times on dead fish, chapped trout mostly (worked on a trout fishery for a good while)
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 20:54 -
A picture with 5 fish in it you would of thought at least one of them would of been gaping, but just look at the person’s eyes - completely dead.
Fish of that size and number probably represent near on a thousand acres of water in real terms, all pooled into a small area for an easy harvest.
I doubt the Bailiff would really care, they are there purely for safeguarding the Game Fishing.
I've seen that face somewhere before and its driving me mad that I cant place it.
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

They are all dead.

The fins all straight, no flapping, everything that is nigh on impossible with four fresh fish, most of all their blank stare.
Even the poser has an embarrassed look on his mug.
Come on guys someone must know him or someone who does.

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Andrew Croft wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 21:04 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 20:54 -
I've seen that face somewhere before and its driving me mad that I cant place it.
he does look familiar , sure i have seen pics of him somewhere else , angling pics somewhere it will come to me
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Over the years I’ve read a lot of recollections on big Lomond Pike catches, but what is it with foreign anglers ( I assume he’s foreign looking at him ) and a their seemed natural ability to catch fish. I was on the boat last Oct about 9.30 pm just about to nod off when 3 foreign anglers turned up, crashed ashore in a rib - started a big camp fire, erected two tents and had two rods out within 30mins. I heard a bite alarm go off within 10 mins of the rods going out ( I got to hear it due to them being finished with the chain saw. I up anchor and f***** off, nothing could prepare you for the sheer noise and carnage I witnessed that evening. At least Windermere only has gill nets lots of Cormorants and Otters, and its 180 miles closer - not a small thing with the cost of fuel :confused:
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Steve Le maitre wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 21:44 -
Over the years I’ve read a lot of recollections on big Lomond Pike catches, but what is it with foreign anglers ( I assume he’s foreign looking at him ) and a their seemed natural ability to catch fish. I was on the boat last Oct about 9.30 pm just about to nod off when 3 foreign anglers turned up, crashed ashore in a rib - started a big camp fire, erected two tents and had two rods out within 30mins. I heard a bite alarm go off within 10 mins of the rods going out ( I got to hear it due to them being finished with the chain saw. I up anchor and f***** off, nothing could prepare you for the sheer noise and carnage I witnessed that evening. At least Windermere only has gill nets lots of Cormorants and Otters, and its 180 miles closer - not a small thing with the cost of fuel :confused:
I guess some of the rigs are a lot less like what we would use. Less gubbins on it, no thought of fish safety, lighter lines, single hooks and not bothered about deep hooking those singles etc etc. I'm sure if I fished like a noddy I would catch more fish but I'd probably kill more in the proccess.

Seen it too many times to be a coincidence. There is definitely a thing as noddy luck imo 🤣
Steve Le maitre
Barbel
Barbel

Andrew Croft wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 22:03 -
Steve Le maitre wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 21:44 -
I guess some of the rigs are a lot less like what we would use. Less gubbins on it, no thought of fish safety, lighter lines, single hooks and not bothered about deep hooking those singles etc etc. I'm sure if I fished like a noddy I would catch more fish but I'd probably kill more in the proccess.

Seen it too many times to be a coincidence. There is definitely a thing as noddy luck imo 🤣
They have to catch fish to survive a w/e on the bank without starving, at lest you do the decent thing and prepare yourself even if it’s with the old Pot Noodles :evil:
Still a Heathen though :laughs: :lol:
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

I've been aff the pot noodles for ages. I just like the chicken and mushroom powder from them to add to plain crisps. Dont judge me.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

send this to the on site bailiff i bet he recognises him or somebody who works on the loch or the local tackle shop.....f****n c**t if he has killed them
must be some lads on here can help identifying him ....... face book will throw his name up somewhere .....if he put it up that is
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Mike J wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 21:17 -
They are all dead.

The fins all straight, no flapping, everything that is nigh on impossible with four fresh fish, most of all their blank stare.
Even the poser has an embarrassed look on his mug.
Come on guys someone must know him or someone who does.

just had another good look ,i think your right mike there all dead , the fins give it away and no gaping , normally when you put a pike on the matt the fins come up off there body
theirs are stuck down all of them ......dead ......
c14r4n
Roach
Roach

Post by c14r4n »

stubbojo wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 22:28 -
send this to the on site bailiff i bet he recognises him or somebody who works on the loch or the local tackle shop.....f****n c**t if he has killed them
must be some lads on here can help identifying him ....... face book will throw his name up somewhere .....if he put it up that is
See above, there are bailiffs but they don't bother their a**e for anything other than the game angling. The place got battered during lockdown, blind eyes turned galore.....
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

c14r4n wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 22:41 -
stubbojo wrote: Thu Mar 03 2022 22:28 -
See above, there are bailiffs but they don't bother their a**e for anything other than the game angling. The place got battered during lockdown, blind eyes turned galore.....
if thats the case on there then ......its foooked
Kev22188
Stickleback
Stickleback

Post by Kev22188 »

My mate's have still been putting posts out trying to find out who it is still and not any closer to the answer, appreciate the help tho guys 😉👍

Iv witnessed foreigners catching pike before and using a mat, barbless hooks, quick picture and safely released, but iv spoke to alot that say they eat pike and clearly don't follow the rules, it's just pike ain't farmed like trout to be chapped, they take years to get to decent sizes and when there chapped like picture above, that's just 5 good size pike u won't ever have on your line now and 5 less in the water and how ever many more been chapped aswel. Iv heard of good pike waters that have now been cleared out prity much because of foreigners, its needs to stop.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Kev22188 wrote: Fri Mar 04 2022 02:53 -
My mate's have still been putting posts out trying to find out who it is still and not any closer to the answer, appreciate the help tho guys 😉👍

Iv witnessed foreigners catching pike before and using a mat, barbless hooks, quick picture and safely released, but iv spoke to alot that say they eat pike and clearly don't follow the rules, it's just pike ain't farmed like trout to be chapped, they take years to get to decent sizes and when there chapped like picture above, that's just 5 good size pike u won't ever have on your line now and 5 less in the water and how ever many more been chapped aswel. Iv heard of good pike waters that have now been cleared out prity much because of foreigners, its needs to stop.
its too late pal
its been happening for over 20 years in my parts .....see it all the time
Sebas
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Sebas »

They look fine. Can't see any blood, damage or loss of colouration.
Mmmmmmmm yes
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

if you look at the head of the guy looks like its been doctored in some way a false face imposed ,the head dont look right to me
Steve Dennington
Zander
Zander

Post by Steve Dennington »

stubbojo wrote: Fri Mar 04 2022 20:04 -
if you look at the head of the guy looks like its been doctored in some way a false face imposed ,the head dont look right to me
We're getting in to the realms of discussing the "dodgy looking trees" of the alleged Broads 42 (10+years ago?) now.

I really think that the fish were alive at the point that the photo was taken (they may not be now - who knows? :shrug: ) but the "bag shot" of pike has long since been consigned to history. On that basis, it was a pretty stupid trophy shot, but beyond that it's nothing more than speculation.
MarkBerrisford
Chub
Chub

Post by MarkBerrisford »

Plenty of comments about this on Facebook from what I gather the fish where released they was kept in the flooded area apparently before the picture was taken although a few others got lost swimming into the flooded areas!
Search MB Custom Lures on Facebook