Record Zed.

If you want to discuss Catfish, Perch, Zander, Ferox Trout or Eels, this is the place for you
dropped_run
Perch
Perch

Re: Record Zed.

Post by dropped_run »

I've heard rumours of fish caught by trout anglers.

Problem is, almost every trout angler I've ever spoken to doesn't actually carry a set of scales. Which makes you question the whole thing really (yes, I'm aware its a sweeping generalisation!)

This was shown by the lad who claimed the 6-8 perch a couple of years ago, who then went on to say well we didn't actually weigh it, but we did measure it, at 42cm long! Now, he's made himself look extraordinarily stupid there because unless that perch was twice as deep as it was long (it wasnt), that perch would have been a 3, at absolute best.

I think Mark's called it right. The neglect needed is gone for it to produce a really big zander. By which I mean 18/19+. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and that one comes out of nowhere but I dont see it. There was nowhere better for numbers of doubles early season the last couple of years though, last season especially was a bit silly, I've not really bothered this year but had a few early doors.
James Dobie.