Can anyone remember...

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Can anyone remember...

Post by Bob Watson »

...The bloke that mounted a centre pin reel on the top three sections of pole that he'd whipped eyes onto. Instead of using elastic, he shipped out the pole to full length with the pin attached to the top thre, shipped back upon getting a bite..... then played it off the reel...........

..............Just came to me whilst typing I think, Dennis White???

Popped in my head for no reason at all! One of those things that would have had me for days!!
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Can anyone remember...

Post by delboy »

You sure boy,Don't remember that ,best you have another beer I think. :thumbs:
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
BOBC
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by BOBC »

It was Denis White,Bob, long term member of the Barnsley Blacks team. In fact I think he was one of the original members, along with Tommy Pickering, Keith Hobson and Dick Clegg. I saw him using it to tame carp hooked on the pole. At that time there weren't many carp in match venues The reel was a small fly reel, it gave more control of the fish. it's now been superseded by the heavier elastics and the puller systems. Top angler Denis, and still winning today. :thumbs:
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

BOBC wrote: Wed Nov 08 2017 14:14 -
It was Denis White,Bob, long term member of the Barnsley Blacks team. In fact I think he was one of the original members, along with Tommy Pickering, Keith Hobson and Dick Clegg. I saw him using it to tame carp hooked on the pole. At that time there weren't many carp in match venues The reel was a small fly reel, it gave more control of the fish. it's now been superseded by the heavier elastics and the puller systems. Top angler Denis, and still winning today. :thumbs:
Cheers :thumbs: