bass to live baits

The forum to discuss anything related to these other styles of catching fish
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

bass to live baits

Post by stubbojo »

love to fish for bass with live baits ,it just seems to sort out the bigger fish .
i do lure fish but normally only catch schoolies with the occasional bigger fish

this fish fell to 2 large prawn lives under a large float
20230721_125011.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Re: bass to live baits

Post by stubbojo »

had this a few weeks back , same method different venue
20230714_194930.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

just sorting through some of the bass i have had this season , just found out how to send my photos to my chrome book
so there might be some repeat photos
20230624_162029.jpg
regards steve
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Very nice :thumbs:
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

this could be last season ......
IMG_20221015_163610_HDR.jpg
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

cheers Alan
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

small bass to a sidewinder.....
IMG-20230604-WA0004.jpg

steve :thumbs:
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

IMG-20230714-WA0002.jpg
this was caught on a live mackerel ....if i remember right.

steve
gary j stockton
Roach
Roach

Post by gary j stockton »

Well done steve, handsome fish.
Flipflopjoe
Chub
Chub

Post by Flipflopjoe »

Nice few bass there Steve.
This is a method I intend to try locally this year, just can’t seem to find the time to go out at the minute :sad:
Joe Birch
“There’s a fine line between fishing, and standing on the bank like an idiot!”
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Flipflopjoe wrote: Sun Jul 23 2023 15:03 -
Nice few bass there Steve.
This is a method I intend to try locally this year, just can’t seem to find the time to go out at the minute :sad:
its been a slow start for me , but they seem to be showing up , better late than never .

regards steve
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

keep finding fish on my phone ,this was from a few weeks back on live launce ...sand eel
20230608_184252.jpg

regards steve
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Cracking those Steve. :cool: :thumbs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

just got back from a rock mark had a cracking bass on lives which took me into a weed area in front of me ,could not stop this fish at all and i use heavy mono to combat the weed and sharp rocks .
this fish buried inself into the weeds , but i managed to free it several times ,but still it eventually snapped me off in the end .

the next fish i managed to land having stepped up to 30lb fluro leader , but this too weeded me up twice .
also added a small fish just into darkness.

the fish i lost was a lot bigger than the one below
20230828_184652.jpg
20230828_184730.jpg
20230830_204814.jpg
regards steve
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Post by Cyprio »

Good to see your still getting amongst The Bass Steve. :cool:

And not the other species…..SeaBass🤬 :laughs:
Andy Carpenter
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Cyprio wrote: Wed Aug 30 2023 23:24 -
Good to see your still getting amongst The Bass Steve. :cool:

And not the other species…..SeaBass🤬 :laughs:
nice just to target something else over the summer months ......still predators in there own right ..
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

had a very frustrating session on the bass today .......timing issues really

the first bite on the float just above the dreaded weed bed snagged me solid despite having 50lb braid and 30lb fluro leader could feel it thumping way
tried leaving it for a while , but not coming out ,had to pull for a break , next bite i also fooked up , wife brought me my lunch , turned around as she pulled up about 50 yards away , rod was off as soon as i turned ......lost that fish too ffs ...
had a few doggies on the bottom bait rod ......but gutted as think i lost my pb bass......very shallow venue and hard to keep your bait above the weed in a dropping tide ....
you live and learn i suppose.
Dave Horton
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Dave Horton »

stubbojo wrote: Mon Oct 02 2023 20:11 -

the first bite on the float just above the dreaded weed bed snagged me solid despite having 50lb braid and 30lb fluro leader could feel it thumping way
tried leaving it for a while , but not coming out ,had to pull for a break , next bite i also fooked up , wife brought me my lunch , turned around as she pulled up about 50 yards away , rod was off as soon as i turned ......lost that fish too ffs ...
had a few doggies on the bottom bait rod ......but gutted as think i lost my pb bass......very shallow venue and hard to keep your bait above the weed in a dropping tide ....
Sounds VERY!

(Exciting fishing face)
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Dave Horton wrote: Tue Oct 03 2023 09:04 -

Sounds VERY!

(Exciting fishing face)
it is dave i seem to fook up and then my head goes , even left my rod on the rocks and went home , long storey but a local lad found it and contacted me the day after
how often does that happen ..........good lads these welsh locals ,
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

I lost a decent double when the top hook of my pennel snagged the net rim, the line was 30lb Berkley BG and the big fish broke it quite easily. Your fish will break itself loose Im certain so dont worry yourself.

I had two seshies recently with 7 hits and 4 goodies landed (48-54s) all while using a brand new lure. They all went back safe and sound and what was nice was that one fish had a hook mark showing it been caught and returned quite recently.
The rod was once again one of my P2s, the reel a Seagate willed to me by a Dutch mate, I just hope he was looking down with a glass of grouse in his hand :grin:

'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

Mike J wrote: Wed Oct 04 2023 06:58 -

I lost a decent double when the top hook of my pennel snagged the net rim, the line was 30lb Berkley BG and the big fish broke it quite easily. Your fish will break itself loose Im certain so dont worry yourself.

I had two seshies recently with 7 hits and 4 goodies landed (48-54s) all while using a brand new lure. They all went back safe and sound and what was nice was that one fish had a hook mark showing it been caught and returned quite recently.
The rod was once again one of my P2s, the reel a Seagate willed to me by a Dutch mate, I just hope he was looking down with a glass of grouse in his hand :grin:

been out quite a few times mike , but the weather has not been with me ie wind ...as i mostly float fish this venue as its shallow , did 5 hours yesterday without a sniff and thrashed it with every lure in my box surface lures , rubbers , spinners with out a follow ......all the locals lads stop to talk to me ...and i keep missing bites ......cant get the boat out as westerlies put a stop to it , been blowing a while here now .........will keep at it till i get the urge to pike fish ......could do with a good week of calm weather just so i could have a go at the bass from the boat on the banks and reefs ......

steve
stubbojo
Zander
Zander

Post by stubbojo »

had a few hours tonight , wind was right ,tide was bang on, and the fishing was ok too
20231009_172521.jpg
20231009_172417.jpg
lost 3 to the weed bed

steve :thumbs: