Sonik

Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Sonik

Post by Bob Watson »

I can't recommend this company highly enough.

I bought an entry level, but really quite good Sonik black SKS shore rod recently. Fishing the tide up on a local beach, I took my eye off the ball whilst baiting another pulley rig to hang off the tripod when my mate shouted that my rod was over.

The tide and weed combo had pulled the rod and tripod over and the fourth eye from the tip was now without the insert. This was my first outing with the rod and as you can imagine I was a bit p****d off.... so!

After trying to find an insert for the eye I looked on Soniks' website and discovered that they have a warranty service, any damage on any rod, be it accidental or manufacturing fault is covered on purchases for up to 12 months.

I called their customer services, spoke to a very pleasant young lady called Jackie who asked me to email proof of purchase (pic of receipt) and pic of damage.

She emailed me back today, less than 12 hours after I sent proof emails, to inform me that a new top section was in the post.

One happy chappy with a bit of faith restored in customer/vendor relations :thumbs: :thumbs:
Jellybait
Roach
Roach

Re: Sonik

Post by Jellybait »

Yes , I have to say there service is very good and they make some nice rods too
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

That's good customer service.

Can I ask how you find the rods to cast with?
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
Slug
Chub
Chub

Post by Slug »

Awesome fair play! A local tackle shop has always sold lots of Sonik stuff remember him saying the company was started by someone who had left Hardy.
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

spincityfan wrote: Tue Oct 15 2019 07:53 -
That's good customer service.

Can I ask how you find the rods to cast with?
I'm pretty new to shore fishing but I was getting a respectable distance with a cheap tronix pro mag reel, according to my mate, who's an old hand. He was also impressed with the rod for the money.
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

Sounds good
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw