Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Policing the forum

Post by Happy Hayes »

ThePikingEcologist wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 18:42 -
Happy Hayes wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 16:06 -
ThePikingEcologist wrote: Fri Sep 01 2017 13:38 -
I find all this arguing very off-putting. I'm not a miserable person and I like banter etc, but bickering isn't of any interest to me at all. I was told that this forum is a good place to learn from some excellent anglers, and there are certainly many of them here. I though it might also be a good place to get in touch with people to go fishing with.

But I've been attacked on here and it puts me right off. I don't feel particularly inclined to contribute because I don't want to engage with somebody who is shooting their mouths-off whilst they feel secure sat behind their computers, and working under the assumption that I am some strange, skinny little geek.

But I respect the desire of others to keep things the way they are if thats how people want to keep it.
I don't think anyone has the assumption that you are strange and skinny or little.
Geek well that's a different kettle of fish. Lol :laughs:
I'm very geeky mate. Its the way I was born.
No harm in being geeky Steve :study:
Regards
Tom
Angler Dangler
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Angler Dangler »

My 2 cents worth. I joined here for advice, contribution and a fair ammount of banter. I think the problem with any message board/forum is that any comments can be taken in a different way to what was intended. Trolling a thread isn't good and can be frustrating. I've seen comments in various topics that I have had to read twice and try to see the comment from both sides of the coin. On the whole this place is pretty damn good. I will look forward to getting to know your characters and will learn how to take u. The Pikers pit is great, keep it up !
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

The only snowflakes I wish to see are ones from the sky....
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Stewlaws wrote: Thu Dec 28 2017 18:27 -
The only snowflakes I wish to see are ones from the sky....
Great to have you back Stew. :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Rab
Perch
Perch

Post by Rab »

Regarding policing the forum, I have some experience of saying " elo..elo..elo...wots all this then", not that I was ever a policeman...I just have a habit of saying that, I think this obviously puts me in a premium position to become a moderator/toy police person....your views please.
DaveyJ88
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by DaveyJ88 »

Abit disappointing to read about the trolling and arguements going on, sometimes on forums it’s difficult to tell what is real and what is banter. I’ve only been here a week or two now but to me, this forum is a mine of information, it’d be a real shame to have it spoilt over a couple of d i c kheads. Also after reading about the pikingecologist being attacked, I’d just like to say I wouldn’t dream of taking that kind of abuse, let me make one thing clear, I will fight any woman on this forum.
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

DaveyJ88 wrote: Thu Jan 25 2018 23:50 -
Abit disappointing to read about the trolling and arguements going on, sometimes on forums it’s difficult to tell what is real and what is banter. I’ve only been here a week or two now but to me, this forum is a mine of information, it’d be a real shame to have it spoilt over a couple of d i c kheads. Also after reading about the pikingecologist being attacked, I’d just like to say I wouldn’t dream of taking that kind of abuse, let me make one thing clear, I will fight any woman on this forum.
Its kinda par for the course on here mate. Been this way for years. Old members having a go at each other for the most part. Best thing is just not to get dragged in to it :wink:
DaveyJ88
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by DaveyJ88 »

Andrew Croft wrote: Fri Jan 26 2018 00:00 -
DaveyJ88 wrote: Thu Jan 25 2018 23:50 -
Its kinda par for the course on here mate. Been this way for years. Old members having a go at each other for the most part. Best thing is just not to get dragged in to it :wink:
Ai mate i know what you mean, I guess your always bound to clash with others in ever aspect of life.