Pike Fishing

Pikey Phil
Chub
Chub

Pike Fishing

Post by Pikey Phil »

- with tips on what equipment to use and where to fish. Various authors

As many of you may know I am quite into my pike fishing books and saw this one up for sale on Amazon for £7 or so. Not knowing who the "various authors" might be, and thinking along the lines of Nev Fickers and Micky Brown, I bought one. Well to cut a long story short I wish I hadn't bothered. I always hold back before critisizing a book because at least somebody has been arsed to put pen to paper or fingers to key pad, but not in this case. Though the book has an ISBN (which costs money) there is absolutely no original material in it. It is a re-hash of old stuff going back to Alfred Jardine and somebody called O.W.Smith (presumably a Yank). It features gaffs and pike gags and is WAY out of date. The reproduction is about the worst I have ever seen with some text missing and photos (all in black and white) hardly discernable. Do yourself a favour and give this on a swerve.
Ian Crook
Zander
Zander

Re: Pike Fishing

Post by Ian Crook »

Sounds like some influential PAC representative should get onto Amazon UK and get it pulled!!
Luke
Chub
Chub

Re: Pike Fishing

Post by Luke »

Ian Crook wrote:
Sounds like some influential PAC representative should get onto Amazon UK and get it pulled!!
Only because it's print on demand crap, no other reason to get it pulled. It's not a modern how-to-do-it type manual so all the stuff on gaffs and gags should be taken in context.

O.W. Smith is indeed a yank by the way. He wrote The Book of the Pike, 1922.