Reflections Chris Turnbull

suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Reflections Chris Turnbull

Post by suffolk si »

Picked this up secondhand, what a beautiful book, the artwork is awesome,the tench tales inspiring and the barbel and pike chapters thought provoking , the ups and down of Norfolk fisheries,well worth a read,can be picked up for just over a tenner,highly recommended πŸ‘
steve28fishing
Perch
Perch

Re: Reflections Chris Turnbull

Post by steve28fishing »

Yep cracking read although I paid the full price when it came out .... shame the otters have now killed all the big barbel
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

Chris couldn't write a bad book if he tried.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

The artwork is superb,even for a harper book,its very aesthetically pleasing πŸ‘
kristian
Chub
Chub

Post by kristian »

I've got a copy and have yet to get stuck into it. I did have a flick through when it arrived and as expected the artwork is superb.
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

suffolk si wrote: ↑Wed May 24 2017 09:10 -
Picked this up secondhand, what a beautiful book, the artwork is awesome,the tench tales inspiring and the barbel and pike chapters thought provoking , the ups and down of Norfolk fisheries,well worth a read,can be picked up for just over a tenner,highly recommended πŸ‘

Brilliant book, couldnt agree more :thumbs:
Jason Skilton
Zander
Zander

Post by Jason Skilton »

Had the privilege of fishing with him yesterday for crucians. Very intelligent angler and thoroughly a lovely bloke :-)
steve28fishing
Perch
Perch

Post by steve28fishing »

The thing I like about his writing in particular is that he doesn't seem a slave to any particular method ... if one method isn't working he seems quick to recognise this and switch to a more effective method or if he deems the swim itself is the problem he has no problem in moving swim ... as Jason said its angling intelligence and also , what I'm guilty of , laziness does not seem to come into his approach
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Yep,he was at a Norwich meeting last year with Jason Davies, seemed a decent guy,hope you had a good day with him,only thing slightly sad about the book I it emphasizes the dramatic decline in our local waters 😒
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

the only chapter that didnt appeal to me was about gillams resort. Just not my cup of tea, find that kind of angling a little false. Almost big game hunting in a zoo. However the paintaing of the arapima and redtailed catfish are beautiful :thumbs:
suffolk si
Zander
Zander

Post by suffolk si »

Agree Danny, would have rather read about his three pound plus roach,still other than one chapter not really relevant to me,cant fault the bookπŸ‘
dannytaylor
Barbel
Barbel

Post by dannytaylor »

suffolk si wrote: ↑Wed May 24 2017 22:33 -
Agree Danny, would have rather read about his three pound plus roach,still other than one chapter not really relevant to me,cant fault the bookπŸ‘

Si if you want to read about chris 3lb roach theres a chapter he penned in the osprey specimen group book about this capture. This is also a cracking read covering most big coarse fish. It was written as a tribute to the groups record officer simon king who lost a battle with cancer. There are some superb chapters in it with paintings from chris. Well worth getting :thumbs:
Monts
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Monts »

If you like art work gent's and no particular genre of fishing. The late John Searl's book "A Brush With The Avon" is a must. One of my all time favourites, but I agree also that Reflections is spot on as well.
If you wanna go fishing go fishing.- John Gierach
AndyLarkins
Perch
Perch

Post by AndyLarkins »

dannytaylor wrote: ↑Thu May 25 2017 06:53 -
suffolk si wrote: ↑Wed May 24 2017 22:33 -

Si if you want to read about chris 3lb roach theres a chapter he penned in the osprey specimen group book about this capture. This is also a cracking read covering most big coarse fish. It was written as a tribute to the groups record officer simon king who lost a battle with cancer. There are some superb chapters in it with paintings from chris. Well worth getting :thumbs:
Hmmmm..... looking for a new read Danny... Ta :smile:

Reflections - superb! :thumbs: ..... thoroughly enjoy anything penned, drawn, or painted by Chris

(the mans got style face)
Image http://www.canterburypac.blogspot.com
"C'MON!.. Ya like a fat girl in red shoes" Andy Brown 2015