Eric Weight - Blogs

Got an article/website/guide/retailer that would make a useful reference point? Post a link here
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Eric Weight - Blogs

Post by Fentiger01 »

I've been reading Eric's blogs for a few years now - I think they're a brilliant read. Very interesting with a heavy dose of dry humour and some cracking pics.

http://www.artificial-lite.co.uk/

Fantastic stuff.
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Jake Hamilton
Chub
Chub

Re: Eric Weight - Blogs

Post by Jake Hamilton »

Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Jan 04 2018 14:58 -
I've been reading Eric's blogs for a few years now - I think they're a brilliant read. Very interesting with a heavy dose of dry humour and some cracking pics.

http://www.artificial-lite.co.uk/

Fantastic stuff.
+1 :thumbs:

It stopped for a while and I was gutted but he suddenly brought it back. Even aspects that don't interest me, like sea fishing, I really enjoy when Eric writes it.
JAKE
"It's not the years, honey....it's the mileage"
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

Big +1 :thumbs: Jake.

If you're just after a bit of fishing reading, man this stuff is the absolute business. Eric writes so very precisely but with so much humour too. :thumbs:
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Jan 04 2018 16:21 -
Big +1 :thumbs: Jake.

If you're just after a bit of fishing reading, man this stuff is the absolute business. Eric writes so very precisely but with so much humour too. :thumbs:
I was on his mailing list for each blog but assumed he stopped writing... Can always remember his spat with Rapala, iirc he had a issue with their quality, Good articles and excellent writing style
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

I remember that spat Stew, the deep tail dancer and it's inline hooking system if I remember correctly?
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Jan 04 2018 16:49 -
I remember that spat Stew, the deep tail dancer and it's inline hooking system if I remember correctly?
Yes.. Remember Eric being upset at rapala response.
Jake Hamilton
Chub
Chub

Post by Jake Hamilton »

Fentiger01 wrote: Thu Jan 04 2018 16:49 -
That was right, FT. The trace attachment loop was set into the plastic lip and the lip was just glued into the balsa body, not through wired. Under load-bearing, or decent fish-bearing, the lip pulled out the body and could leave the body plus trebles in the fish's mouth. Eric had a pop at Rapala and got a reply along the lines of 'by the time the lure breaks off in a fish you'll have already caught quite a few on it so it's still a good deal'. :eek: :eek:
JAKE
"It's not the years, honey....it's the mileage"
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

Eric's coarse and sea fishing blogs are worth reading too. And his intermittent photography blog. :thumbs:
Stewlaws
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Stewlaws »

davelumb wrote: Fri Jan 05 2018 10:24 -
Eric's coarse and sea fishing blogs are worth reading too. And his intermittent photography blog. :thumbs:

Spent last night catching up on Eric's sea fishing exploits.. Like the format of just a few paragraphs well written rather than pages, as per usual blogs, Worth reading and amusing
Fentiger01
Disco Dave
Disco Dave

Post by Fentiger01 »

I like to have a good look through the Archive section of Eric's site, there's some fantastic write-ups in there and loads of stuff to learn. :thumbs: