Can we come in, it's cold out there

For the Twitchers amongst us
nigel savage
Chub
Chub

Can we come in, it's cold out there

Post by nigel savage »

Just over 6 inches of snow fell on Rutland yesterday, the local bird life mainly Robins, a blackbird and Dunnock's sought a bit of shelter, and food.
I fed them first thing before going out with the other ranger opening some areas on site clearing the site of snow,
Got back to the office later we went in for a brew and breakfast the Robins, there were three,, one of them came into the canteen area and just missed shitting on my egg on toast!!, basically every time we made it back to the office, in between stocking 2,000 rainbows for the new season (next Friday) and site clearing, they were waiting for us
Winter robin 2.jpg
lodge robin.jpg
blackbird.jpg
Last knockings after locking up the rest of the site, one of the Robins flew into the office, with almost a "lock the door i'll stay here" stance, I would have done that , however with the building alarmed, chances are he'd set it off. We managed to coach him out side, begrudgingly.

Did manage to get one of them to feed out of my hand, no image though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Re: Can we come in, it's cold out there

Post by Happy Hayes »

Shame you didn't get the picture of you feeding him .
Robins are such a lovely bird.
Looking at one on the bird table now
nigel savage
Chub
Chub

Post by nigel savage »

The top image reminds me of "The angry bird" expression Tom, he was grateful for a bit of bread, and muesli though :thumbs:
Happy Hayes
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Happy Hayes »

Just looked at the top one Nigel
Your bang on
He does look like the angry bird lol
delboy
Barbel
Barbel

Post by delboy »

Well done that man ,sounds like you have the perfect job there boy,happy days,I've got peanut/fatball and seed feeders out back,they need all the help they can at times like this ,love watching them and the squirrels,just got back from the shops,missues asked how come half the loaf of bread is gone,seagulls need it more than me.
Nothing wrong with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Its everyone else.
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Fed the birds yesterday and the day before whilst fishing and kicked the snow off of a load of leaf litter for them to root about in. Blackies and robins were straight in.

Just chucked a load of maggots casters and pigeon conditioner mix out on the boat lean to roof, local sparrows are now stuffing themselves