Twitchers

For the Twitchers amongst us
pete webster
Barbel
Barbel

Twitchers

Post by pete webster »

I nipped to Nev's shop for a bait top up yesterday and met a couple of twitchers stood on the doorstep with long lenses posh camera's the lot, looking over the road were a couple of trees laden with berries and amongst the branches were around a dozen waxwing, the first time I've ever seen one, it was a real treat.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: Twitchers

Post by davelumb »

pete webster wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 20:45 -
I nipped to Nev's shop for a bait top up yesterday and met a couple of twitchers stood on the doorstep with long lenses posh camera's the lot, looking over the road were a couple of trees laden with berries and amongst the branches were around a dozen waxwing, the first time I've ever seen one, it was a real treat.
They're bonny birds. :thumbs:

How much was Nev charging the twitchers? :joker:
pete webster
Barbel
Barbel

Post by pete webster »

davelumb wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 20:54 -

😂 they looked as poor as him
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

pete webster wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 21:16 -

If I was as poor as Neville I could afford to retire! :laughs:
pete webster
Barbel
Barbel

Post by pete webster »

davelumb wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 21:17 -

Ok "as poor looking" 😂
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

There's more this year than is usual. They come over from Scandinavia in early winter to eat our berries and this year there's been a bumper crop of Rowan so they've just kept on coming.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
whitey79
Perch
Perch

Post by whitey79 »

zodiac wrote: Mon Dec 25 2023 08:14 -
There's more this year than is usual. They come over from Scandinavia in early winter to eat our berries and this year there's been a bumper crop of Rowan so they've just kept on coming.
So what happens when there’s not a bumper crop of rowan

a couple of golden eagles as bouncers and they say right we’re full no more in the country you will have to go somewhere else

Or do they wing it back and say common lads you want to see how much rowan is in the uk there’s tons of it and they’ve even got fooking lamprey

:exit:
I am the real Lee white last time I looked
zodiac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by zodiac »

whitey79 wrote: Mon Dec 25 2023 09:03 -
zodiac wrote: Mon Dec 25 2023 08:14 -
So what happens when there’s not a bumper crop of rowan

a couple of golden eagles as bouncers and they say right we’re full no more in the country you will have to go somewhere else

Or do they wing it back and say common lads you want to see how much rowan is in the uk there’s tons of it and they’ve even got fooking lamprey

:exit:

They get given a big comfy nest box by the council and are given berries that have been stored for other birds, which they send back to Scandinavia for their pals to eat so they can claim they've no berries left and are given even more.
'Politicians. Don't vote, it just encourages them. The desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one' Billy Connoly
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Post by davelumb »

pete webster wrote: Mon Dec 25 2023 00:40 -
davelumb wrote: Sun Dec 24 2023 21:17 -

Ok "as poor looking" 😂
:giggle:
Chris Hammond
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Chris Hammond »

I’ve still never seen a waxwing.🙁

I was out on Christmas Eve collecting some bits for my mum’s grave and found the actual mother lode of holly berries! I’ve never seen so many.😮 I’m guessing the waxwings will chomp these as well?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't care who your dad is , you're not walking across the river when I'm fishing!
piker al
Barbel
Barbel

Post by piker al »

There’s been loads of waxwings seen at a park local to us, I’ve been twice and haven’t seen any!
I did see a slavonian grebe yesterday while fishing which is a new one for me :thumbs: