Woodpecker

For the Twitchers amongst us
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Woodpecker

Post by LB »

This little chap has started turning up in the garden. Not often you see one of these :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
davelumb
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Re: Woodpecker

Post by davelumb »

Not seen one here for ages.
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Post by LB »

He has turned up everyday for the last week. This is the first time I have managed to get a pic, albeit on my phone. I will try and get one on my camera. It is surprisingly quick and hard to catch on the camera. More often than not its scuttling around the tree. Great colours, I didn't realise they were so vivid.
Chico 48 PAC
Chub
Chub

Post by Chico 48 PAC »

I have not seen what I call mine for a few months. Last Summer and Autumn I had one regularly on my peanut feeder, I hope it returns.Oddly I have a woodsy wilderness at the bottom of my garden but I have never heard any woodpeckers doing the usual drumming on the trees. Always a treat when it does turn up.
JOIN THE PAC- http://www.pacgb.co.uk/join.html
www.chicoslures.co.uk - if you use FC for pike then do not use me.
LB
Inaugural Member
Inaugural Member

Post by LB »

'Mines' back again. We also have two Jays raiding the garden most days, also very pretty and colourful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

I was fishing near some woods last week and as I was walking through a wood pecker started really going at it. It was behind me and very loud it gave me a bit of a fright it took a second or two to realise what it was. Then another started then another from across the hill.
Do they do this to communicate .?
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP
Mark_Houghton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Mark_Houghton »

fergie68 wrote: Fri Apr 19 2024 21:14 -
I was fishing near some woods last week and as I was walking through a wood pecker started really going at it. It was behind me and very loud it gave me a bit of a fright it took a second or two to realise what it was. Then another started then another from across the hill.
Yes, its territorial and also plays a part in attracting a mate (its the males that drum ) :thumbs:
fergie68
Zander
Zander

Post by fergie68 »

Mark_Houghton wrote: Sat Apr 20 2024 10:56 -
fergie68 wrote: Fri Apr 19 2024 21:14 -
Yes, its territorial and also plays a part in attracting a mate (its the males that drum ) :thumbs:
:thumbs:
ALL FEROX ARE BROWN TROUT BUT NOT ALL BROWN TROUT ARE FEROX "

FEROX 85 GROUP