Water proof throw

If you're a huntsman or have a pet that you're proud of post about it in here
loughouversdream
Roach
Roach

Water proof throw

Post by loughouversdream »

Started bringing my springer out with me tench fishing, but she has a liking for my sleeping bag and bedchair. Anyone recommend a half decent waterproof throw I could put on top of the sleeping bag?
Any info appreciated ๐Ÿ‘
Cyprio
Chub
Chub

Re: Water proof throw

Post by Cyprio »

Had one of these for a few years.

https://johnsonrosstackle.co.uk/aqua-pr ... results=65

Can be clipped to bed chair.
Use mine when sleeping under the cuddy on the boat keeps the damp out and warmth in.
Easy to wipe clean :thumbs:
if not get a fox pop up cradle put a towel in it and tell her that's her bed.. (Cheaper than a cover) :laughs:
Andy
Andy Carpenter
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Dogs will always sleep/lay of the ground if given a choice, In foxhound kennels they all sleep on benches.

Find a cheapo folding chair and let her know its hers.
It only needs to be a few inches off the ground and stable enough to get onto and she will be content.
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
Alan_dalton
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Alan_dalton »

Mike J wrote: โ†‘Mon May 20 2019 09:04 -
Dogs will always sleep/lay of the ground if given a choice, In foxhound kennels they all sleep on benches.

It only needs to be a few inches off the ground and stable enough to get onto and she will be content.

Not true my little terrier always jumps into my sleeping bag
Mike J
Ferox Trout
Ferox Trout

Post by Mike J »

Alan_dalton wrote: โ†‘Wed May 22 2019 08:32 -
Mike J wrote: โ†‘Mon May 20 2019 09:04 -

Not true my little terrier always jumps into my sleeping bag

Perfectly true, you just need to train the animal, as in "let her know its hers".

Terriers being very intelligent quickly learn how to train a soft (and cuddly) owner.

:grin:
'No Man Ever Fishes The Same River Twice, .... For It Is Not The Same River, .... And He Is Not The Same Man' Heraclitus of Ephesus
loughouversdream
Roach
Roach

Post by loughouversdream »

Cheers for the replies lads ๐Ÿ‘. Few things to consider. Like the the of that aqua throw, even for myself ๐Ÿ˜‚
Bob Watson
Zander
Zander

Post by Bob Watson »

This is my winter go to, had it for several years, Use as a quilt/throw over in the summer and extra layer in the winter.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15913162/t ... lsrc=aw.ds

It doesn't show on the pic, but there's 4 clips that attach to the legs to hold it in place. Use three depending what side of bed you get in/out.