Lets face it Adam PETA, you've made a t*t of yourself on here. Image
AndyLarkins
Perch
Perch

Re: ban fishing

Post by AndyLarkins »

polecat wrote:
Adam PETA wrote:

fish area living thing like you and me, they feel pain, and it has been proven, Image Image

Adam,

Mmmm.....not quite Adam. Stop attaching human emotion to those of animals. As you are aware Fish lack the neocortex portion of the brain to feel pain in the way you or I do. Although fish's brains are certainly less complex than ours, they aren't
mindlessly floating around in the water. Akin to the fight-or-flight
response, fish have chemicals in their bodies that are released when
they're in danger [source: Chandroo, Duncan and Moccia].
Fish also possess pain nerve fiber tracts in their bodies that are
similar to those that tetrapods (vertebrates with four limbs) have
[source: Chandroo, Duncan and Moccia].
Overall, the scientific consensus is that fish have the anatomical
requirements to demonstrate neurophysiologic and behavioral reactions to
pain as a means of survival [source: Braithwaite and Huntingford].

However, little evidence exists to suggest that the fish also react
emotionally to pain like humans. As another way of safeguarding our
bodies, our pain response comes with a negative emotional reaction that
excites the amygdala in our brains and forms a memory
of the unpleasant effect of a particular stimulus. For that reason, most
children will touch a hot stove only once. Fish brains do contain an
amygdaloid complex, but it produces aggression rather than fear [source:
Chandroo, Duncan and Moccia].
Nevertheless, fish are able to form sensory memories. For instance,
trout can remember how to avoid getting caught in fishing nets months
after the initial experience [source: Donkin]. So while it remains unclear whether fish genuinely suffer from pain, memories of it stick in their brains but not in the way that you would have us believe with one sized half arsed paraphrasing above.

Something else for you to think on about. Fishing was banned on the Mere thanks to you and people like you. No anglers in any significant numbers meant that when the bloom caused an oxygen crash no one was around for any immediate action to be taken to save the fish. EVERYTHING died in the lake. It will never recover. Angling and by that I mean proper angling has its place if you wish to continue to see well managed healthy waters. If you think for one minite that a left alone previously managed water would survive all that our changing climate can throw at it without intervention you are sadly mistaken. Our waterways need angling from a monetary and conservation point of view.

Oh and I fail to see what or where you got your info from on the link you supplied. In our world fish are not yanked from the water. Swim bladders will only rupture rarely if pulled from great depths and then only if pulled in incorrectly. The majority of anglers do not fish in water deeper than 10mtrs (where barotrauma starts to occur) and those that do know about it and give the fish time to alter its bladder gasses to suit.

The Edinburgh researchers wrote a hell of a lot more than the single line you quoted in your piece, it would probably be in your interest to read the reports and conclusions thoroughly.......until then do one. I got no time for 6th form politics and ill thought out arguments and half truths from tree hugging, otter stroking dickwads whose ultimate aim is to stop my sport because some beardy yoghurt knitter thought it was a good idea after watching numerous nature programs and a walt disney film or two.

Ps We all hate litter as well but they are not anglers leaving it behind in any way shape or form. They are vermin who we would wish to dis-associate ourselves from. Bit like saying someone threw a coin at the footy so all supporters are thugs.....Now wheres me rabbit skin coat and crocodile shoes I'm going out for a pint Image

KIN-L MATE !!! Image ..... Thought my phone was quiet Image

(Was there nothing on the box face?)
Image http://www.canterburypac.blogspot.com
"C'MON!.. Ya like a fat girl in red shoes" Andy Brown 2015
polecat
Roach
Roach

Post by polecat »

Was gonna post on the MKF course fishing section dude but there is a
suspicious matchmen love in going on that I do not wish to become
involved in Image Image Image
John Gardner

Image Official Media Whore

http://www.canterburypac.blogspot.com/
I AM NOT mark barrett
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by I AM NOT mark barrett »

i would like to ream an oiled mark barrett up your a**e Image
Fish on....
Perch
Perch

Post by Fish on.... »

There actually was some scientific research done that concluded fish do in fact feel pain.......guess who paid for that little bit of research. Yep, PETA!
Actually know as Danny..
spincityfan
Chub
Chub

Post by spincityfan »

we are not allowed to fish but we can chop a cats balls off
Introducing the worlds worst Barbel Angler,

Mr Ash Shaw
harelawhenry
Barbel
Barbel

Post by harelawhenry »

ive met a few PETA members before...

fruitcakes springs too mind

ref fish feelinfg pain, bollox. why do trout feed in gravel after snails until it wears their noses off, if it hurt they would stop feeding simple

p**s off and annoy someone else u nosey b*****d
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

you lot are making a big mistake talking to anyone connected to PETA

You will not change their minds or agenda, they will not listen to reasoned arguement, they will not accept evidence that goes against their beliefs.

They are not against planting self fabricated evidence to support their claims and prove they are right.

I had a big run in with them back in the 90's, over dogs.

Best thing to do with them if you ever come across one is kick them in the balls or front bottom, all of them are total Image
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Fish on.... wrote:
There actually was some scientific research done that concluded fish do in fact feel pain.......guess who paid for that little bit of research. Yep, PETA!
so did the rspca, their report backfired and said fish didnt feel pain
Luke
Chub
Chub

Post by Luke »

Kev Berry wrote:
Though letting this guy's misinformed posts go unchallenged on a publically viewable forum such as this would have been a bit silly. They're all hyprocritical scum with no grasp on reality or any real understanding of the debate they're trying to start. Gotta fight our corner and put across the facts of the matter.

If they truly want to reach their goal then perhaps they can join these guys - http://www.vhemt.org/
Glenn..
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Glenn.. »

I just had a brief read through the hunting section of the fruit cakes link and it seems most of their research is from America, which TBH American hunting ethics and saftey is a world away from ours, the results taken are from bow hunters and such like, also they're on about percentages of hikers and hunters being shot or injured,this doesn't suprise me really as gun laws and gun saftey over there is so lapse compared to ours. If you compare what guns we are allowed to have/own to what they are allowed it really is quite scary, I believe about the biggest caliber rifle we can be granted is up to about a .308 and even then you need a bloody good reason for having it,fully automatic weapons and hand guns aren't allowed in England but over there anything goes sub machine guns massive caliber rifles,hand guns fully automatic weapons so is there any wonder people get hurt after all wasn't it the yanks who were responsible for an airstrike on thier own troops in the Gulf and they are supposed to be highly trained ..so what chance have the rest of them got..

( All a bit gun ho and trigger happy)

Glenn..
harelawhenry
Barbel
Barbel

Post by harelawhenry »

PETA can suck on my big shiney BALLS

I dont give a flying FCUK what they stand for or what they say...

I really dont
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

Luke wrote:
Kev Berry wrote:
Though letting this guy's misinformed posts go unchallenged on a publically viewable forum such as this would have been a bit silly. They're all hyprocritical scum with no grasp on reality or any real understanding of the debate they're trying to start. Gotta fight our corner and put across the facts of the matter.

If they truly want to reach their goal then perhaps they can join these guys - [url=http://www.vhemt.org/[/quote]]http://www.vhemt.org/[/quote[/url]][/url]

yes I agree it needs challenging--- BUT---- these arrisoles WILL use your posts to defend their actions, they will pick bits out, they will delete things and even add stuff you havnt said. THEY DO NOT PLAY BY THE RULES. do not give them any ammunition or information they can bend and twist --- because they WILL.

Best to just ignore them or tell em to do one. But keep an eye out Image
harelawhenry
Barbel
Barbel

Post by harelawhenry »

Kev, even if they ever manage too ban fishing with rod and line which they wont, I and a million other die hards would still do it anyway.

The whole world is in a s**t state fishing and peta are at the bottom end of the scale way down below banning mcdonals and banning the burka...

all absolute bollox
john evans
Barbel
Barbel

Post by john evans »

hes probably just a big hairy lesbian:P
pikingslabber
Chub
Chub

Post by pikingslabber »

thats no way to talk about hairylawhenry!! Image
Kev Berry

Post by Kev Berry »

harelawhenry wrote:
Kev, even if they ever manage too ban fishing with rod and line which they wont, I and a million other die hards would still do it anyway.

The whole world is in a s**t state fishing and peta are at the bottom end of the scale way down below banning mcdonals and banning the burka...

all absolute bollox
the problem is though they get things pushed through very sneakily---- look at the "pedigree dogs exposed" programme, financed by PETA and their supporters (dont think the rspca etc dont use peta!!!!!)

If you are into the dog showing etc and have one of the 14 listed dogs in this programme you will know its not all bollox what they can do.
Renrag39
Gudgeon
Gudgeon

Post by Renrag39 »

Well Adam, if you wish to degenerate into some amorphous, amoeba like organism, then do so.

If you follow your own organisations ethics then you WILL do so. We have large brains mainly due to our proficiency at hunting. Look at most predators and size for size you will see a larger brain in the predators skull.

So think about where you actually stand... You are standing against your very nature as an animal in your own right. You are denying yourself the ability to be what you are genetically coded to to. YOU are the abomination. YOU are a traitor to your own genes.

Castrate yourself like you deem it fit for pets and tear out your canines as you have NO need for them. THEN, tell me where you REALLY stand. Go on, be a man and reply... or stay dormant like the vegetable you really are... Image

There IS a Vegetarian option, you can f**k off...

Renrag
harelawhenry
Barbel
Barbel

Post by harelawhenry »

adam...........???????

u still with us.........thought not

DaveGreenwood
Zander
Zander

Post by DaveGreenwood »

Dear Adam , f**k off Image
harelawhenry
Barbel
Barbel

Post by harelawhenry »

DaveGreenwood wrote:
Dear Adam , f**k off Image

lol
Pointngo
Jack Pike
Jack Pike

Post by Pointngo »

think you lost him after Polecat's excellent post. Image Any form of informed argument stumps most of the blinkered PETA types as they have no real opinion themselves.. just a cuddly idea that everything should live in harmony and nothing should eat or kill anything else... ie, no real grasp of the nature of things, it's balance nor a willingness to understand the truth. Adam; Grow up, you t*t! Fight for something that matters like the injustice of Governments.

It's very easy to jump on a bandwagon and agree with an extremist that claims to be the oracle of truth.. just as long as you don't have to understand the order of things and can just quote bits of whatever you see that you like... no matter if they've got any basis of fact or not.

As Dave so eloquently put it.. f**k off!
tim1
Perch
Perch

Post by tim1 »

Hes off to stop us drinking milk or owning a pet dog

(strange but true face)
Patrick Bateman
Chub
Chub

Post by Patrick Bateman »

A very simple question for the OP to answer. How many animals have Peta killed by their own hands in their own facilities in the USA? You answer that question and you see the hypocrisy of Peta. Another thing, haven't Peta directly funded people who have been members of government defined terrorist groups? ALF members and the like?
You can dress your little club up any way you want, but your dirty little secret is that you kill animals on an industrial scale and yet preach an anthropomorphised view of animal welfare - all the while silently accepting the terrorism that goes on in the name of "animal welfare". You can also look at the terrorism of last week committed by the anti-badger cull groups. They burnt down a £16m police range, which could have resulted in mass loss of life. All in the name of an animal that is in no way endangered or even threatened.
Your approach to animal welfare is not only unethical, but it extrapolates viewpoints that lead to international acts of terror. You know who else postulates views which allow no room for debate and seeks to destroy those who disagree? The Taliban. You are the animal Taliban, no more, no less.

I await your response to the above with interest.
owen k
Chub
Chub

Post by owen k »

It's 2 years old,he scuttled off after 2 posts. :laughs:
Freako
Chub
Chub

Post by Freako »

I love the way we welcome new members on here :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
Mick.
marknicholson
Roach
Roach

Post by marknicholson »

Adam PETA wrote:
thankyou for all the imput,

i guess that the handling and conservation of the fish do put hold on you side,

but as it has been stated in the main website,

''According to one fishery expert, catch-and-release victims "could be vulnerable to predators, unable to swim away, or if nesting, not capable of fending off nest raiders. Some guarding males could in fact abandon the nest." Researchers at the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation found that as many as 43 percent of fish released after being caught died within six days.''

with stuff as such as this, it is one reason why fishing shouldn't be allowed, due to the fact of the fish dying, better off not fishing for them than keep fishing untill they are extinct,

Adam,
i think your refering to large mouth bass the problem here is there in AMERICA you need to brush up on your facts
if you want to do something constructive try looking at the gill netting issues on this site 6637 pike have been killed in the name of science
you could check out how the eastern europeans have devastated some fisheries
and also you might want to get involved with the invasive marine predator the cormorant which is raping our waters of the fish which you alledge to protect
as anglers we are the gaurdians of our waterways you do get the chav element but most decent anglers will fight tooth and nail to
endevour that our fisheries remain clean and healthy for the next generation to enjoy DO NOT compare BRITISH anglers to some of our foriegn counterparts and their methods
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Post by Andrew »

Mate this was in 2011 Adams probably been mauled to death by a bear he was trying to give a cuddle.

harelawhenry wrote:
PETA can suck on my big shiney BALLS

I dont give a flying FCUK what they stand for or what they say...

I really dont
Sorry but thats feckin hillarious, especially after what ive just seen on facebook :suspect:
marknicholson
Roach
Roach

Post by marknicholson »

i missed that , being a new member i was having a browse and got sort of caught up in the replies to the post
absolutely classic responses spent half an hour pi***ing myself :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: