Google search.

Got a good idea to improve the forum? Submit it here
mickmcd
Chub
Chub

Google search.

Post by mickmcd »

I see that when one conducts a search for "the pikers pit" on Google that the old address ".com" is top of the list as opposed to ".co.uk" (the current address, I guess the site could be losing a few potential new members due to this oversight.

Oh, by the way is there any chance that the spell check function on the site could be upgraded to flash and sound an alarm (and possibly electrocute the typist) for incorrect spelling as some examples of attempts to spell simple words (loors for example today) are unbelievable .... f*****g loors?????? It's a LURE!!!!!!!

Anyway of for a coffee here ............ :study:
Andrew
Bailiff
Bailiff

Re: Google search.

Post by Andrew »

Cheers Mick. I was thinking about the old site after one my mates ended up landing on the old site and said he couldnt register.

as for the spell checkers, I think we would need to upgrade the existing text editor but no electrocution im afraid. :laughs:
Marty Mac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Marty Mac »

mickmcd wrote:
I see that when one conducts a search for "the pikers pit" on Google that the old address ".com" is top of the list as opposed to ".co.uk" (the current address, I guess the site could be losing a few potential new members due to this oversight.

Oh, by the way is there any chance that the spell check function on the site could be upgraded to flash and sound an alarm (and possibly electrocute the typist) for incorrect spelling as some examples of attempts to spell simple words (loors for example today) are unbelievable .... f*****g loors?????? It's a LURE!!!!!!!

Now very rarely would I correct a person's spelling or grammar, but when someone makes an issue out of it, then c*cks it up themselves, then I think it's my duty to highlight to that person the error of their ways :veryevil: :veryevil: in this instance that person just happens to be you Mick :laughs: :laughs:

f****n "Of for a coffee"??????

It's "OFF" for a coffee !!!!!!! dear Micheal .............tch! Tch! Unbelievable :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Cheers Mick you've brightened up an otherwise shitty weekend :boing: :boing: :boing:
mickmcd
Chub
Chub

Post by mickmcd »

I ame too pleeze ...
brian donnelly
Chub
Chub

Post by brian donnelly »

Care to tell us what happened then Marty? :scratch: Oh and by the way, c*ck is spelt c o c k. :wink:
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.
Mr Bill Shankly.

5 TIMES
Marty Mac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Marty Mac »

brian donnelly wrote:
Care to tell us what happened then Marty? :scratch: Oh and by the way, c*ck is spelt c o c k. :wink:

I don't have time for essay writing :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :violin: :violin:
mickmcd
Chub
Chub

Post by mickmcd »

I see thats a great new security system developed by BMW Brian, if the car detects you're a fuckwit it won't let you start it ......
DavyMc
Barbel
Barbel

Post by DavyMc »

mickmcd wrote:

:laughs: loors na na nana na :wink:
"Rise, like lions after slumber: In unvanquishable number! Shake your chains to earth like dew: Which in sleep had fallen on you: Ye are many—they are few!"
Marty Mac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Marty Mac »

mickmcd wrote:
I see thats a great new security system developed by BMW Brian, if the car detects you're a fuckwit it won't let you start it ......

:red:
brian donnelly
Chub
Chub

Post by brian donnelly »

mickmcd wrote:
Now now you. There's a good reason for that, it had been sitting for 10 hours. COUGH!
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.
Mr Bill Shankly.

5 TIMES
mickmcd
Chub
Chub

Post by mickmcd »

brian donnelly wrote:
mickmcd wrote:
Now now you. There's a good reason for that, it had been sitting for 10 hours. COUGH!

Ah well that wasn't made clear.....a whole TEN hours......you know, I wouldn't be surprised if the engine hasn't completely seized after standing idle for so long ...... ten hours....... my goodness ...... :neutral:

In fact I remember having a conversation with a German work colleague offshore about cars, and when I asked him if it was true that some German cars wouldn't start after sitting in modest air temperatures and low humidity for TEN hours, he looked me squarely in the eye and replied quite abruptly ...... "NINE" ...now you can't get any clearer than that ........ :neutral:
Marty Mac
Barbel
Barbel

Post by Marty Mac »

brian donnelly wrote:
mickmcd wrote:

Aye his engine never gets a chance to cool down on a fishing trip :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
brian donnelly
Chub
Chub

Post by brian donnelly »

Marty Mac wrote:
brian donnelly wrote:
mickmcd wrote:

Aye his engine never gets a chance to cool down on a fishing trip :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:
Now you've hurt his feelings McIntyre. :smile:
Mr Bill Shankly.

5 TIMES
mickmcd
Chub
Chub

Post by mickmcd »

Marty Mac wrote:
brian donnelly wrote:
mickmcd wrote:

For Gods sake I usually leave mine ticking over, jump in the yak and catch a couple of dozen fish, then get back into a nice warm car ..... :wave: